Please check your tires

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Shit! How could anyone ignore there bike that severely?
No telling what else he neglects. Probably runs no oil filter because they just clog up over time. No shit, someone told me that before! Reasoning was since they changed the oil every 3 thousand miles, a filter was useless and a waste. Whoever said Darwin award was dead on, pun intended.
I'm just glad the guy doesn't fly an airplane, or does he?

He is a friend but I did get on his ass a bit & he respected my oppinion. I think he might watch out a litle more now. I would hate to see him crash & pop his girlfriends big fake boobbies.:rofl_200:

He is a friend but I did get on his ass a bit & he respected my oppinion. I think he might watch out a litle more now. I would hate to see him crash & pop his girlfriends big fake boobbies.:rofl_200:

Too bad you knew him, I would have considered taking the job, spray painting the tire black to hide the cords and returning it to him. If he came back to complain I would have hit him with the bear spray.
Since he is your friend, I would suggest just spraying him.

That would be a turibble shame if that were to happen, save the boobbies!:punk:

A friend's underinflated Big Twin tire, see the catastrophic failure of the carcass construction, it literally split around the circumference and the tube melted. The pic of the little black alien-looking piece is what remained of the tube.

Check your tires and your controls before every ride! You know very well what depends on them.

if the Word doc pictures don't load, try (p.c.) left-clicking in the area below each caption. I can't help you with Mac instructions, though I was given a Mac Book Pro at work for a new laptop today. Since I am familiar w/my iPads 1 & 3, hopefully I can catch-on quickly.

Forget the Word doc (I erased it), I put-up a pdf instead, should be easier to view.

Attachments

• bad tire 1.jpg
    bad tire 1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Bad tire II.pdf
    208 KB · Views: 8
Tires can make it or break it even if you check them. I had a brand new front tire less than 200 miles on my wing on easter Sunday 2001 & yes I admit I dont do the speed limit to often but I left a place at night on a back hiway in Texas & hit a chunk of steel around 95 mph & lets say the out come was not good. I ran off the raod & there was a rut where a truck got stuck & I flew 272 feet & teh bike flew 468 feet. I, glad im still here to talk about it. I hurt every day because of it but im still here.

I had to change out my rear wheel bearings and since I had the wheel off any ways. After getting the new bearings on I slapped a new tire on the rear. I know the tire had a 1000 or more miles of life left on the old one, just getting to the wear bars on the tread. But I am going to Thunder and it is a 400 plus mile trip up there, why even risk a flat. My local bike repair shop sold me the tire for 145.00 and I used his tools to change bearings and tire changer and balancer to swap tires.

Latest posts

Back