Power cutting out like before

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidon

Reaction score
Can a switch be influenced by vibration? I lost power after hitting a bump at fast speed..same as before. Seem to loose power slowly, sputters than dies. I think it's the sidestand switch or neutral switch but when tested they seem good. Thinking of replacing anyways. This thing is nuts:bang head:

Coils , wires , plugs , connections can also be influenced by vibration / shorts to ground , etc. I had a cracked plug that haunted me for a while . Looked good on inspection, idled good , low speed o.k. , lost power in mid-range & up . Thought it was fuel for a while.

Can a switch be influenced by vibration? I lost power after hitting a bump at fast speed..same as before. Seem to loose power slowly, sputters than dies. I think it's the sidestand switch or neutral switch but when tested they seem good. Thinking of replacing anyways. This thing is nuts:bang head:

Gremlins!!! I had an issue exactly like that with one of my other bikes. Turned out to be corrosion on the connector metal where the switch plugged into the harness. The difference in my problem and your is that at times my bike would not start at all. My FZR had the same issue as well though it would run great until I hit a bump then nothing. Drove me nuts for days til I figured it out.

Don't think its plugs coils..it starts back up in Neutral but when I shift to first it dies. This continues to happen if I keep trying to start in Neutral and shift then if I leave it alone for another 30 then I can shift and it does not die.

I would try to unplug sidestand swith and connect the two wires together (the ones on the wire harness) this will eliminate the sidestand switch. If it still cuts out, than you know it's not the sidestand switch.

Mike

MC

That was going to be my next step and then test on a bump. Can you bypass Neutral switch as well (wire to ground)?

THINK I found the culprit..disconnected sidestand switch and looks like one of the spades has a bit of corrosion on it. Going to disconnect, clean ,reconnect all connectors having to do with engine cut-off.

Check your main fuse too...the one under the seat not the tank. Had mine leave me on the side of the road recently because I sat down too hard and the seat pressed down on the connector.

Back