Practice makes perfect

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twistedmax

Reaction score
I've been practicing my "take offs":biglaugh: Ive gotten it down pretty good! I can either launch it with very little tire spin(10 15 ft) or get stupid with it and short shift it in first and keep it spinning though second and into third, the last burn out was 250 ft. Im practicing burnouts around corners too:clapping:.

Attachments

• 2012-06-03_16-31-45_167.jpg
    2012-06-03_16-31-45_167.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 70
I've been practicing my "take offs":biglaugh: Ive gotten it down pretty good! I can either launch it with very little tire spin(10 15 ft) or get stupid with it and short shift it in first and keep it spinning though second and into third, the last burn out was 250 ft. Im practicing burnouts around corners too:clapping:.
Gen 1 or 2 ? nice by the way :clapping:

Those were all GEN II ! over the last six months, the last one is the one on the right.

Rick,
While at Thunder, I think you should have a demo on the techniques to properly paint a rolling burnout on the road... or parking lot asphalt ! :banana:
Just saying.....

Cool looks like your having fun !
Yup!:biglaugh: it was fun a couple weeks ago when I rode with my brothers HD Bagger group, I told the guy riding "sweep" not to worry if he saw my tire smoking and it looked like I was losing control, I was just having fun!:rofl_200: He kinda chuckkled.........................at first, He wasnt laughing when we made the first stop. He asked how much Hp and Tq it made?:clapping:

Sounds like Rick has picked up Wildmans smoking habbit.

I got the video of a Max up against the wall at Boxenstopp while he finishes his rear tire. With so much smoke and noise, he does not realized the tire blew minutes ago and the cords have been slinging around destroying his fender and textile bags end wrapping the frayed belts around the differential. Quite entertaining really...

Rick,
While at Thunder, I think you should have a demo on the techniques to properly paint a rolling burnout on the road... or parking lot asphalt ! :banana:
Just saying.....

Hold that thought for the Friday night VMOA BEST BURNOUT CONTEST!!!

Sounds like Rick has picked up Wildmans smoking habbit.

I witnessed the evidence after the fact yesterday.....pretty nice!!......Let me know when Wednesday is too!!.....I just finished my first Metzler and my neighborhood street looks good too...LOL........GEN I power!!!

250 FT!!! you crazy hooligan!!! this is along the lines of shit id do. im trying to finesse the front brake just enough to get an infinate rolling burn out going. its not going well. but you say, "brakes? BRAKES? we dont need no stinkin brakes!!!".

be careful have fun rick!

peace,
evan...

Well I finally had to put a new tire on the gen II,:confused2: @ 3700 miles,I hoped to do it a thunder but due to circumstances beyond My control:bang head::bang head::bang head:, I never did get to finish it off friday night. but thats ok, I left some of the tire in worcester with these guys this past weekend ! Left her at the dealer tonight , my son is going to ride her home for me tomorrow night , lets see if he still like that diavel after 30 miles or so on Mr Max!

Attachments

• 2012-07-10_17-20-58_659.jpg
    2012-07-10_17-20-58_659.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 2012-07-07_13-47-57_530.jpg
    2012-07-07_13-47-57_530.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 12
Back