Prayers Needed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1967vmax

Reaction score
My Neighbor /Friend was in a bad automobile accident which resulted in the loss of his right arm his daughter was driving ( she is ok) and side swiped a telephone pole the impact sucked him out of the car. I feel for him because i know how he loves to wrench on stuff car, bikes,tractors etc + he is an avid hunter . Hell i dont even know what to say to him. :confused2:

Wow Jim, that is a tough one. I will say a prayer for him and healing for his family. As for you, try to stay strong but let your compassion be known, it will go a long ways that he knows you are there for him.

Prayers for your friend. Damn, his daughter has to feel terrible. Prayers for her too. On the bright side, with the wars going on technology has advanced conciderably with prostetics.

Prayers with them, if hes like most of us are............he'll learn to work around it. it didnt kill him,it will make him stronger. we all have handicaps, I fight mine everyday.

Damn. One thing I will never grow short off are prayers. Praying for the two. May they both recover quickly. May he have the strength to overcome the disability. May she have the strength to overcome the guilt.

I can always make time to shoot up a prayer for anyone in need. You guys that are praying for a Gen 2 are on your own. As far as knowing what to say or the right thing to do, just being there is enough. I'm going through some heavy family shit myself and while I too feel inept at the right words at the right time, a shared tear, a strong hug or a quiet lstening ear can go farther than you will know. Just being there shows your heart. I sleep well at night knowing that I may not be able to change the outcome, but I'll be right there to help my loved one face whatever way things play out. We're just humans and can only do what we can do. The rest is in God's hands.

If he only would have not had his arm hanging out of the window he would have walked away. Thanks guys im fine he will have a long road ahead of him, but he is a strong person as for his daughter i hear she is having a tough time with it.

Man I'm sorry, don't worry about having the right words to say. Anything you say that acknowledges his pain and loss are the right words. Someone just knowing they have people pulling for them means a lot to that person, they're aren't going to critique the quality of your sympathy.

The worse thing is to avoid someone going through this because you truly don't know what to say. One of the most meaningful exchanges I've had with someone in the last two weeks was my neighbor pulling up, getting out if his truck, and bear hugging me while crying (all 6'4" and 270 lbs of him), all he said was "I'm Sorry" nothing else needed to be said. I knew what was in his heart and it meant the world to me right then.

Having the kind of hobbies most of us have losing an arm would be a setback. But in my lifetime I have seen some people do done pretty amazing shit without an arm way before any kind if decent prosthetics came along. If he's got determination and will he"ll adapt, not saying it'll be fun along the way. Hell look at Gary Haynes, the guy should be an inspiration to anyone alive with the will to live and enjoy life that he has demonstrated.

The daughter I also worry about, that kind of shit can ruin lives if it's not got out in the open and talked about between the two if them. And the only thing that'll ever make it better for her is him making it better, a pretty manly chore for a guy going through what he's going through.

My prayers and thoughts go out to the both if them and to you as well.

I can always make time to shoot up a prayer for anyone in need. You guys that are praying for a Gen 2 are on your own. As far as knowing what to say or the right thing to do, just being there is enough. I'm going through some heavy family shit myself and while I too feel inept at the right words at the right time, a shared tear, a strong hug or a quiet lstening ear can go farther than you will know. Just being there shows your heart. I sleep well at night knowing that I may not be able to change the outcome, but I'll be right there to help my loved one face whatever way things play out. We're just humans and can only do what we can do. The rest is in God's hands.

+1

I feel the same way. My prayers and thoughts are always there for those that need it. I have my share prayers said for me, I can only do the same for others.

I'm just very sorry.My son went into my left hand with a chainsaw.I thought it was gone.They repaired it and it works.Few Pisces of metal where the bones were.He was there all the time saying I'm sorry and i love you.Me saying it right back.If i had lost it i don't believe it would have changed my love or his.He was there for me as i was for him.It's all we knew to do.Now we call it my squeaky paw.Love is the most important thing we have.Best wishes god bless

Latest posts

Back