Prgressive Springs??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max03

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have a question regarding progressive springs up front. I have a leaky fork seal so i plan i tearing them both apart to change them both. Is it worth putting the progressive springs in or are stock fine. The other question is would you put the lowering ones in, i slid my tubes down one inch in the trees as it sits. Also are after market forks seals ok or factory yamaha ones perferred? They are pretty pricey! Looking for to your opinions thanks!!!!

I think the max you should move them up is a 1", but the Progressive springs were night and day better on my '92. You may want to look at improving the rebound valving with a set of Ricor Intiminators or Race Tech gold vave kits, helps to improve the fork action.

I absolutely love that I put in a set. What I would do if I were you is to buy the normal ones, install them, run with them, lower the stanchions like redbone suggests, run with them, and if you like it, either keep the stanchions as is or, cut yourself some pvc to size and put them in the tubes to lower them. It'll save you some coin. If you ever want to know about how to internally lower using pvc, I can hunt down the thread

+1 with cartridge emulators. Worls of difference

I would go with OEM seals. Look them up at ronayers.com

Sent from my Tapatalking Hercules Android

OEm seals are the only way to go. We keep them on hand and can also set you up with the springs when you are ready. We have videos' showing how to R&R them.

Sean

Your going to have it all apart. So make the upgrades and be done with it as long as you have the money for the mods. Progressive springs should almost be a mandatory upgrade if you have the forks apart. Use the yamaha seals.

Latest posts

Back