Prior service miltary

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its actually "nap of the earth". In this same exercise we had a mission to deploy a platoon of 60 commandos to a FOB (forward operating base) in which we did a low level contour navigation and then a max effort landing at that short field. When we lowered the ramp for the ERO (engine running offload) they were all "dead" with about 50 barf bags scattered all over the aircraft floor and some more content in which no barf bag was able to be used in a timely manner... The loadmasters weren't pleased, nor the firemen back at base... they had to use a a fire hose to wash the plane on the inside... LOL

36610_10200236888317956_1599543576_n.jpg

Now that is putting it on the numbers!! :punk:

Its actually "nap of the earth".

Yah, whatever...50 barf bags sounds about right! You never saw a group of guys so excited to jump out of a plane at 2:00am in the freezing cold about 600-800 feet off the ground. LET ME OUT OF THIS F'ing BIRD!

The A-10 and C-130 -- two planes that are in my Top 5 Favorite Aircraft(F4U Corsair being my #1). My mom and grandfather were retired ATC with the FAA -- I sort of grew up around airports and airplanes.

USMC 0351 1984-1990 Infantry & Demolitions
Currently an Officer on a Tactical Response Team For Nuclear Security - Private Contractor

Latest posts

Back