Problem no solved. Made a dyno.help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAX1260

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok ,i have aproblem when i push the throttle all the way. The engine start to get confused...!!!! In the dyno when the trotlle is full in over 6000 starts to dive and makes a nosie like the carbs dont want to work. Lood the dyno's i made and i dyno without the v-boost and it wnet better??? Wtf. Any idea?

V+BUST.jpg

V.jpg

V1.jpg

V2.jpg

V3.jpg

V4.jpg

I can't see your fuel/air ratio from the dyno sheets, but my guess would be the main jet size is to lean. As to slightly better runs without the V-Boost? Most believe the V-boost makes the fuel/air ratio richer. My though has always been the V-boost add more volume of fuel/air that the carbs are capable of delivering.

Make sure you vent tubes are properly secured and your fuel level.

Make sure you vent tubes are properly secured and your fuel level.

Yeah, also if your fuel filter is choked up then the carbs will start to run dry after a bit of WOT. I had a small kink in my fuel line which I only noticed after I stripped and flushed my carbs, no harm done I suppose

mark, i believe, means the float fuel level in the carbs

Buy clear hose from hardware store that'll fit over black drain tubes jetting out the side of your carbs. Measure 17 mm from one end and mark with a piece of electrical tape. Fit other end over first drain tube and line other end with casting mark on side of each carb. It's on the rear of each carb just behind slide covers. Open drain screw and cycle key on/off until fuel settles. The fuel level should be even with your tape mark.

I asked before did you check the fuel filter?
start at the basics first.
just my two cents

If he has flatslides, never mind. I'm not sure what correct fuel level is on those.

Latest posts

Back