Propane for intake leaks

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can propane be used to check for air leaks around the intake manifold?

danny

u know ur shit beter than me danny, but i'd use carb cleaner/WD40 then starter fluid before i'd feel comfortable using propane. not sure what that woudl do to an engine if it ignited it?

maybe u'll find a new version of nitrious oxide.:rofl_200:

I work for a Propane Equipment Distributor. And yes you can run an engine off propane. Matter of fact, we sell conversion equipment to convert gasoline engines to Propane and duel fuel.

Heed this warning though. Be very careful with propane. In it's liquid state it will burn you as bad as Fire will.
Liquid propane is extremely cold and will annihilate your skin.
And propane in it's gas form (that which comes out of your propane tank) is Extremely flammable. More so than gasoline.

Did the propane/air leak test yesterday, it was uneventful cause there were no air leaks. I started the bike up and used the propane immediately....before the engine got hot, that just seemed to be the prudent approach.

Other than frosting up the intakes for a split second there was no change in anything. Just a quick spray around each carb boot and that was it.

As I didn't torch my bike or blow up the barn.....and I still have my eyebrows, I have to conclude the test was successful. :thumbs up:

Did the propane/air leak test yesterday, it was uneventful cause there were no air leaks. I started the bike up and used the propane immediately....before the engine got hot, that just seemed to be the prudent approach.

Other than frosting up the intakes for a split second there was no change in anything. Just a quick spray around each carb boot and that was it.

As I didn't torch my bike or blow up the barn.....and I still have my eyebrows, I have to conclude the test was successful. :thumbs up:

You have more balls than I do... or more experience... or more balls than brains. LMAO! (I mean that jokingly, not as an insult! :rofl_200:)

Back