Quick question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shorthair88

Reaction score
Does altering when v-boost kicks in improve 1/4 stats. also my max surges at very low speeds with throttle held in fixed position, only at low RPM, its been piped, jetted ( I don't know what stage jet kit ) and filtered. when I hit the throttle she might cough just a touch but comes on incredibly strong. pipes are 4 into to one w/ no cross over and one side of exhaust seems to blow harder than the other. plugs are not old and carbs were balanced 2 yrs ago.

You may want to try and move your needles up a notch. It sounds like you may be running a little lean... (I THINK?????) The only reason I'm saying this is I had some low RPM surging when I screwed up the reassembly of my needles and it forced to to be lower than they should have been. I'm sure Mark or someone else with a lot more carb experience will chime in soon. Good luck.

Jeff

Does altering when v-boost kicks in improve 1/4 stats. also my max surges at very low speeds with throttle held in fixed position, only at low RPM, its been piped, jetted ( I don't know what stage jet kit ) and filtered. when I hit the throttle she might cough just a touch but comes on incredibly strong. pipes are 4 into to one w/ no cross over and one side of exhaust seems to blow harder than the other. plugs are not old and carbs were balanced 2 yrs ago.

The above red has me a little perplexed... Is it a 4 into 1 or 4 into 1 into 2 or ??? You say one side blow's harder than the other.... ????

Carbs have to be sync'd at least yearly IMO. The Vmax needs a good sync.

I'd pull the needles up one to richen it a bit.

how low rpm? mine does it under 2000 rpms but ive been told not to do that due to lugging it....once i stopped doing that its been fine

The above red has me a little perplexed... Is it a 4 into 1 or 4 into 1 into 2 or ??? You say one side blow's harder than the other.... ????

Carbs have to be sync'd at least yearly IMO. The Vmax needs a good sync.

I'd pull the needles up one to richen it a bit.

I was also confused by this.:ummm:

Latest posts

Back