Raider more $ than vmax!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ouchez

Reaction score
The new 2012 Raider S special edition is a shade under $20,000:ummm:

500 being made. Did they even sell 500 Raiders last year?

Custom paint, more chrome and braided throttle and brake cluth lines and custom seat. Same motor.

To me it looks too gaudy...

Seems Yama is still emulating Harley.

O

I really don't care for the 'drooping' rear end styling....looks like a dog dragging his ass across the lawn! :rofl_200:

Hahaha I was at the dealership over the weekend eyeballing bikes while they mounted and balanced my tire. This cocky salesman gets to me and my buddy about the time were lookin at Yama Warriors.
He gives me his pitch about the great new price on em,bla bla bla, and I say to my friend "doesn't matter anyways, I just want a GenII Vmax". The salesman at this point has his dollar signs floating over his eyes and tell me "we've got a great deal on a new one right over here!"

I take this chance to unleash on him a little for weaseling into my conversation and preach to the salesman (who obviously has never sold/probably ridden a Vmax) about Yamahas price point missing it's mark, and bad economy, and improvements over gen 1, and on and on.

At this point realising I'm a Vmax enthusiast and not just a moron looking at pretty bikes he gives me the "let me know if you need any help" and slumped away to sell a scooter or somthing obviously feeling like a dog freshly slapped with the newpaper.

Salesman:0
Ace:1

Here's the 2012 VMax. According to CW, the only changes are the side covers and stitching in the seat!

Attachments

• 2012-Star-VMax_008.jpg
    2012-Star-VMax_008.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 23
How's this for a VMax "cruiser clone"!! Nice!!!

Attachments

• redmax.jpg
    redmax.jpg
    330.7 KB · Views: 54
The 'cruiser clone,' while not my particular cup o' tea, is well-done, and it won't blow-up if you put the screws to it. If someone made frame kits like that, think what that would do to the Gen. 1 used bike sales prices!

"Ugly bike! Phewww, who rode in on that pile?"
(saving spares parts pricing for the true fans)

P.S.: one post better than Green Light Blitz (check his posts #!)

I just checked-out the 2012 Raider S special edition on the Yamaha website. It's apretty-nice lookin' bike. I do like the look it has, I call it the "bulldog" look. I am not one for the chopper function, but that style the Raider S has is appealing. It looks like something the Checked Demon would ride. You don't know S. Clay Wilson? One of the best illustrators of the underground comics of the 1960's & 1970's? Start here:
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=checkeded+demon&view=detail&id=2725D546DC8BF6B7780E3C1103B8A9D454E50D98&first=0&qpvt=checkeded+demon&FORM=IDFRIR

6a00d8341c5f3053ef01156f688333970c-500wi

They're kind of fast, but that 1900 motor does NOT like to rev. It's all torque, no speed. The Raider I rode didn't have a tach (I don't know if any of them do), but I was bumping the rev limiter every 5 seconds. Just as soon as it starts to get fun the limiter cuts in.

...google turned up the limiter cuts in at 5100rpm....no wonder it runs out of rev so quickly. A M109 will spin to 7500 with nearly the same size engine.

R. Crumb. Zap comics, mister natural etc. Lived on Doyles lane in Dixon Cal. When I was growing up there.

R. Crumb. Zap comics, mister natural etc. Lived on Doyles lane in Dixon Cal. When I was growing up there.

If you walk around San Francisco and stop in some of the restaurants that have been there for decades, you may see doodles R. Crumb did on napkins or placemats, or some such, to pay for a meal, hanging on their walls. I don't recall exactly which restaurant I saw that, but I believe it was in The Haight (Ashbury district). Those illustrators were all eccentric characters, it seems.

I have a "Flying Eyeball" concert poster I bought at Bill Graham's store in the 1970's when I went from FL to CA to visit my sister in S.F., and for the $20 I spent on it, "Antiques Roadshow" has evaluated that poster in a range of $800-1500 depending on if it is the first printing or the second printing. It was done in 1968, Rick Griffin was the artist, I believe. From the Fillmore West.
http://www.postergeist.com/posters/fillmore/flying_eyeball.jpg

Back