Ran a Boss Hoss today

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MtnMax/Magniac

Reaction score
It belongs to the guy I bought Max from. It's a trike, the one with the Sting Ray rear. It has the 350 engine, big cam, roller rockers, 700 R-4 tranny and 3.54 gears. Claims about 400 hp but no dyno proof. Rolled on from 70 mph to 100 (took about 100 yards) and Max pulled away:clapping: by about 3-4 lengths, then had to shut down for traffic.

After lunch we hit it again, this time from a dead stop. The Boss Hoss gets off the line like nothing else. He got at least a 3-length hole shot on me, but then my front wheel came back down and I reeled him in. Took it up to about 120 and shut down for approaching curve. Bottom line is: I can probably take him right up to my top end, but then he would keep going when I flatten out. It's all in the gearing. At 70 mph he's only turning about 1500 rpm in top gear. A 6000 redline means he's geared for a theoretical top speed of 280. He has plans for a 4.11 rear end swap, which means my fun will be over, as he will be in a much more usable rpm range over a wide speed spread. But it's fun while it lasts!:punk:

Sounds like fun (racing)I love to screw around with my buds!!!That's the reason I bought a max!!

In the standard two-wheel form the Max will take a Boss hoss all day long. They just can't hook up, despite weighing over half a ton. All that power is useless if you can't get it to the ground.

But with a trike, and I imagine some beefy, wide rear tires, I guess it's no surprise that they can take a Max off the line.

But what kind of bragging rights do you get from that? "My trike with a 400hp V8" can take a stock 150hp Vmax" Well, I'd certainly hope so. And the fact that it's still damn close makes it even more obvious that the Max is still the king of quick.

Back