Rear Shock settings

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njwhit

Reaction score
Was wondering what setting most were using on the back shocks and why. I just cruise mine around and don't beat on her too much. Also ride the other half with me so any help is appreciated. Also, I have stock shocks.

straight for the users manual

Attachments

• vmaxshock.jpg
    vmaxshock.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 80
It's just preload, whatever works for you without bottoming out is good, I think rider sag is supposed to be around 25-30% of total travel. Rider sag is how far the shocks are compressed from fully extended to what they are with a rider on board......

I used the " setting " it aside and installing a Works performance " Street tracker " shock. Not cheap , but it will handle everything I throw at it .

In my opinion they do make a differance, I notice it the most with my kid on the back. Don't believe me put the setting on 4 then go cruise for a bit, when you get a strait shot drop a gear and WAK the throttle, now go around the block and. Change the setting to 1 now do it again, be ready !!!!!

my wife said she noticed a difference on preload when she was on the back. i never noticed it tho.

Back