Ricor vs. Progressive Springs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarriorR6

Reaction score
I recently purchased both the Ricor Intiminator and Progressive Springs. Does any one have experience with both who can give an opinion whether I should use one other the other? My understanding is that I really shouldn't use both.

When I spoke to Ricor they said they prefer it were used on the softer stock spring but hesitantly said it would work with the Progressive Spring.

I have the Ricor's in my 06 with progressive springs. But the springs have over 60,000 miles on them - just before putting in the Ricor's, I was going to change the springs for new ones (had racetech emulator set up at the time) , but now I don't have to - they work great with the ricor's.

I would first try the ricor's with the stock springs and if you don't like than change to progressive's or racetech springs.

Mike

I believe that Ricor prefers the use of stock springs because someone with aftermarket springs already installed will not get as great of a benefit as someone with stock springs still. I already had the Progressive springs and was using 15w when I moved to the Ricor's and 5w. From what I believe I am not seeing as much of a benefit with the Ricor's because the Progressive springs have already helped improve the soft, spongy feel (under sprung) of the factory setup.

Not to hijack but if you have neither what would be the concensus? Ricor or Progressive spring upgrade?:ummm:

I have intiminators installed with stock springs, the improvement was huge just adding the intiminators but I will also be lowering it and putting race tech springs in it hopefully soon. if you already have the springs you might as well install them, otherwise in a couple months you will think to yourself,
" I wonder how much of an improvement i would get with new springs now?", Its a never ending saga

Richard

Not to hijack but if you have neither what would be the concensus? Ricor or Progressive spring upgrade?:ummm:

I'd say Ricor would show you the biggest improvement in handling.

I've just added the Intimators to my Progressive springs and I like the change a lot already. Definitely much more solid at the front - it simply feels a lot better!

Latest posts

Back