right side crankcase cover replacement

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redoctoberz

Reaction score
Hello all - first post
this is for a -05' Anniversary Edition

Previous owner dropped the bike in the garage and scratched the "star" crankcase cover by having the brake pedal hit it. The left side cover has the removal screws, but nothing on the right... After looking at a parts diagram it looks like there is a rubber insulator behind it, but I cannot figure out how it is mounted to the crankcase. Any assistance on replacement would be appreciated.

Hello all - first post
this is for a -05' Anniversary Edition

Previous owner dropped the bike in the garage and scratched the "star" crankcase cover by having the brake pedal hit it. The left side cover has the removal screws, but nothing on the right... After looking at a parts diagram it looks like there is a rubber insulator behind it, but I cannot figure out how it is mounted to the crankcase. Any assistance on replacement would be appreciated.

I think you are talking about the Clutch basket cover on the right side - if so, take the footpeg assembly off, take the clutch cover off - the center cover is held by one screw which is only accessible from the backside of the cover.

:cheers: Mike

Back