Saddlebags

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cope11

Reaction score
I am wondering if people could post pics of their Vmax's with whatever type of saddlebag they are using. I am in need of some storage. I am either thinking Saddlemen saddlebags with the shock cutout or some soft saddlebags meant for sportbikes. Here is a picture of my week old Vmax. I am lovin the bike. I want a full exhaust system, but for now I have a Marving slip on exhaust comin to me for $300. Anyone know how they sound?

Attachments

• 00vmax1.jpg
    00vmax1.jpg
    367.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 00vmax2.jpg
    00vmax2.jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 91
OK it's a bit fugly but I use it for my daily driver and some days have to load it down with fire gear so I needed plenty of storage.

Attachments

• vmaxbag.jpg
    vmaxbag.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 161
I bought Joe Rocket soft luggage around 2004 - bags, tankbag, trunk bag. Very well constructed. Each piece comes with it's own waterproof cover. The saddlebags have a full-length zipper that can be pulled, which allows then to expand outwards to increase capacity.
Cheers, Miles

Attachments

• Alaska Yukon tour, 08.jpg
    Alaska Yukon tour, 08.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 155
These are the bags I use. Kinda ratty, but they were given to me for free! The only downside to them is that they are attached under the passenger seat, which makes removing them a timely process. They are ugly, but are worth their weight in gold when taking trips or if the need arises to carry extra things. I keep extra glasses, sun lotion, maps, and rain gear in them at all times. I even had a case of beer in each side once! I have been considering getting a soft set that just hangs on top of the passenger seat, so they can be easily removed.

Attachments

• max1.jpg
    max1.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 147
Here is my friend Sam's Vmax. From a couple-three years back.
The're Saddleman bags.

sdc10224b.jpg

not sure i have a pic of mine, maybe dannymax does?

Yeah I have been wanting to get some bags myself. 90% of my driving the vmax is to work and back. I would love to find something simple I can throw on and toss off *easily*

Guess I should have added that a turn of the key and each bag comes off and you're left with just a small luggage rack. I do know the whole set up is pricey though.

I may Garrett but it'll take me a month to find it....pics aren't very well organized....sorry. :worthy:

yea i follow man. i don't think i actually have any of my bags...

Saddlemen makes a tail bag that is a cross between a tail bag and saddle bags called the Tunnel Bag.
Gears Canada makes a similar one called the Navigator Tail Pak.
Wolfman Luggage makes some heavy duty bags like the previous two manufacturers and their version is called the Beta Rear Bags.
I purchased the Gears Canada bag and I just used it on a 3 day 1100 mile trip and it worked very well. It is low profile and provides some back support as well. IMO it probably could be used for a week long trip if you pack carefully. It has additional staps that would allow you to carry an another bag/ tent/ sleeping bag attached to it.

Guess I should have added that a turn of the key and each bag comes off and you're left with just a small luggage rack. I do know the whole set up is pricey though.

Those look like Hepco-Becker bags. As far as I know they are the only manufacturer making Givi style setup for the Max. Good stuff and what I would buy if taking a lot of trips. Are expensive but high quality.

My favorite soft bags are Nelson-Rigg. Have best warranty in the business and are great. Huge selection also. I have two tail bags (different sizes), tank bag and saddlebags. I mix and match depending on need. Have unique 3 way mounting system. Newenough often has sales on them.

Those look like Hepco-Becker bags. As far as I know they are the only manufacturer making Givi style setup for the Max. Good stuff and what I would buy if taking a lot of trips. Are expensive but high quality.

They are H-B m, good eye. They are top notch in quality, water tight and roomy. Plus they come off the bike (all 3) in less than 2 min. However they are pricey. I'm glad they were on the bike when I bought it.

Just was wondering if anyone here has any bags they have tried with a Kerker? I'd like to do another long ride but I need more storage bad, I have a Cortech tailbag now and I like it and I was thinking about getting these - http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/71/5241/ITEM/Cortech-Sport-Saddlebags.aspx but I'm afraid it will be right on the can. Gotta be softbags so I can take them off quick though, thanks for any advice guys!

I have a set of Firstgear bags on my bike. Looks good and were fairly inexpensive. The mounting straps go under the rear seat, but doesn't take very long to take them off if need be. I relocated the turn signals to the license plate frame with some DIY 'L' brackets. I made a saddle bag support that mounts under the grab rail mount up front and bolts to the factory turn signal mount holes.

I had these mounted with a Kerker and they did hit the exhaust with a passenger on it. No real issue, just looked kinda goofy. I now have Mark's exhaust and they provide a little more clearence.

As this is my primary vehicle during the warm months, I couldn't imagine riding without them.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.co...r-Silverstone-Saddlebags.aspx?WT.ac=SLIsearch

05042010 040.jpg

I have a set of Firstgear bags on my bike. Looks good and were fairly inexpensive. The mounting straps go under the rear seat, but doesn't take very long to take them off if need be. I relocated the turn signals to the license plate frame with some DIY 'L' brackets. I made a saddle bag support that mounts under the grab rail mount up front and bolts to the factory turn signal mount holes.

I had these mounted with a Kerker and they did hit the exhaust with a passenger on it. No real issue, just looked kinda goofy. I now have Mark's exhaust and they provide a little more clearence.

As this is my primary vehicle during the warm months, I couldn't imagine riding without them.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.co...r-Silverstone-Saddlebags.aspx?WT.ac=SLIsearch

View attachment 22213

Thanks Heretic (love your avatar bro, that album was awesome!) the pictures really help! I think I'll try the Cortech ones and if they hit then I'll send them back. Very rarely am I riding two up, thanks again for the advice bro!

Well I pulled the trigger on the Cortech saddlebags and I'm glad I did! I already had the tailbag so I just got the saddlebags to match, also picked up a tankbag and I like the stuff, seems well made. If I'm running the tailbag I can't ride 2 up anyway but it looks like there is enough clearance that if I just run the saddlebags under the seat my can will still clear, lots of room the way it is now!:biglaugh: Now I'm ready to take a road trip! :eusa_dance:

Attachments

• IMAG0085.jpg
    IMAG0085.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 106

Who makes those saddle bags? How hard is it for you to access your gas tank?

Back