Saw a Diavel this weekend

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98Redlne

Reaction score
Walking along the street of Lambertville, NJ this weekend enjoying the Shad Fest attractions, and up the street I heard a rumble that sounded soooooo much better than the annoying "potato-potato" of the scores of harleys that were passing by.

Lo and behold, up the street cruises a new Ducati Diavel.

The pics of this bike simply don't do it justice. In person it is just downright awesome looking. The exhaust note is also nice deep and throaty.

Add this bike to my list of expensive things I will buy if I hit the lottery.

65251_cool_story_bro.jpg

I like the looks of diavel honestly.... I hope some day here in greece (very difficult) to see one in a traffic light to see what is made off.....

I was at a bike rally this past weekend and a Ducati dealer was there with a few bikes on display. The main focus was the Diavel setting out front with a sales man standing next to it bragging it up. I must say I like the looks of the bike, kinda reminds me of the gen 2 Vmax and that's probable why I like the looks. We talked with the nice guy a little and asked him if he would fire it up, he said heck yeah this thing sounds mean. As he turned the key on he had to make sure we watched the little light show on the instrument cluster, kinda like the gen 2 Vmax does when you turn the key. Then he hits the start button and this thing came to life sounding like a VW diesel, kinda like they forgot to put oil in it. He revs it up a few times and I must say I was not impressed at all with the sound of this stock bike, I'm sure it's a nice bike but I would have to pass. It's just odd to me when the motor sounds louder then the exhaust, he said they were putting an after market exhaust on a customers bike this week, I'm sure that would sound much better:confused2: this was my up close and personal opinion...

Bike has to pass emissions and noise regulations, so dont expect it to sound good in stock trim.

All the catalytic converters and other bullshit crammed in the exhaust really kill any mean sound these days...

well with all the DD talk, I guess I have to go ride the demo diavel at the stealership my kid works at, any of you local guys(western mass) want to make it a date we can all take a demo diavel for a ride. let me know and I'll set it up.

well with all the DD talk, I guess I have to go ride the demo diavel at the stealership my kid works at, any of you local guys(western mass) want to make it a date we can all take a demo diavel for a ride. let me know and I'll set it up.
How far is your son's dealership from BRC? :worthy:

hour and fortyfive minutes--two hours. Im sure I could set something up for maybe friday afternoon or saterday morn?

hour and fortyfive minutes--two hours. Im sure I could set something up for maybe friday afternoon or saterday morn?
I think Sat is pretty well set for activities and we will have ridden close to 9 hours by the time we get to BRC on Friday.
It was just a thought, there isn't a Duc dealer within 400 miles of me... I may have some time later in the summer though.

It will be there ,my sons been after me to take it for a ride I may just do it when the weather is nice.......................maybe I could get it for the BR and bring it there

when and where? hahaha

garrett , let me know ,there open untill 8 on thursday and saterdays tiil 2

maybe next thursday tenatively? saturdays 'work' better for me but have so much to do might be easier to bounce out after work and head out there depending on weather. where is the dealer?

maybe next thursday tenatively? saturdays 'work' better for me but have so much to do might be easier to bounce out after work and head out there depending on weather. where is the dealer?
Garrett, the dealer is in northampton ma, bout 40 minutes from me I get home bout 545, If you meet me at my place we could be there by 630 , go for a ride,Then start a post called WE RODE A DIAVEL!:biglaugh:

Garrett, the dealer is in northampton ma, bout 40 minutes from me I get home bout 545, If you meet me at my place we could be there by 630 , go for a ride,Then start a post called WE RODE A DIAVEL!:biglaugh:

yea man that sounds do-able, i could leave hopkinton about 5ish or so, easily get to your house by then.

i drove thru northampton this past weekend on my way home, gorgeous area.

i just found this add in youtube. i cant understand the writing i thing it is spanish or portugal.
the language isnt the issue. when a company tries an add like that it is obvious why the made diavel. stupid add for ducati cause when you see the bikes riding together diavel look like a big scooter infront of the muscle king of bikes. see yourself and judge.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kW9BfMERCk

Back