Scorpion EXO1000?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know Icon lids fit me pretty well, and NewEnough has the former top-shelf Domain 2 on closeout for $290(originally $400), plus a $90 gift card for a future purchase. They've got the sick Warthog graphic, in rubatone, in my size....hmmmm

The local dealer carries a lot of Icon helmets, but since it's a discontinued model they might not have any left. Assuming the shape and sizing is similar across models of the same brand, I'd feel fairly confident ordering it un-tried. Still, next weekend when I'm out I'll try to stop at a couple dealers and try on different brands. I have no idea where to find the JR helmet, their website doesn't list any dealers or brick-and-mortar resellers. Couple shops I called said they carrier JR apparel but not helmets.

I recently bought a Shark Evoline II ST "Moovit" which is a modular helmet. I have had BMW & Shoei modulars, but this is better than either. It has an unusual feature, the chin bar swings over your head and rests snug against the rear of the helmet looking like a spoiler, no 'pac-man' overbite-open jaw look! The liner is removable, it has good ventilation, better than any Shoei I ever had and Shoei has been my helmet of choice more often than not. MSRP is not cheap, but I bought mine from Competition Cycle Center in Dania FL. They discount-prices online are MSRP, call for pricing.
http://www.compcyclecenter.com/eshopprod_cat_6251-5387-28803_product_895857.SHARK_EVOLINE_SOLIDS__GRAPHIC.htm

They are fairly light for a modular. It has the inner smoke visor & a heavy duty clear exterior visor. All-in-all, a quality helmet & avail. at a healthy discount. Their in-store display of helmets is about 7 ft. high & at least 40 ft. long, floor to ceiling. The sales floor is ~10K sq.ft. & all they sell are clothing, helmets, tires, batteries, chains, brake pads, lighting, travel bags, gloves, chemicals, no bikes. They are not a motorcycle dealer for new bikes, just accessories & they have an interesting collection of obsolete n.o.s. parts they are slowly whittling away on internet sales.

Latest posts

Back