Sean Morley- Vmax surgery doctor i need info...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAX1260

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK MY BIKE IS 1300cc JE PISTONS , CARRILO RODS. STAGE 1 HEADS.

I WANT TO SQEAZE ALL THE POWER I CAN GET FROM THIS ENGINE.

I NEED INFO FOR CAMSHAFTS.. I KNOW THAT ARE STAGES THERE TOO. I HAVE MY BIKE MOVING EVERYDAY. SO I NEED A SETUP FOR EVERYDAY RIDES BUT POWERFULL.

I DONT KNOW MANY COMPANY'S THAT MAKE CAMSHAFTS FOR V-MAX.
I KNOW TTS PERFORMANCE (THAT'S WHERE I BORED MY ENGINE TO 1300CC) THE NEED YOUR OLD ONES AND MAKE A MODIFICATION ON THEM. FOR IF I REMEMBER CORRECT 750 EUROS.
ARE THERE ANY AFTERMARKET CAMSHAFTS READY FOR THE V-MAX.?
WHICH STAGE SHOULD I USE FOR MORE POWER. ?
HOW MACH HP COULD A 1300CC BORED ENGINE PRODUCE WITH CAMSHAFTS AND FCR 39 mm INSTALLED(DON'T HAVE THEM EITHER BUT TIME WILL COME)

WHEN I DECIDE FOR FCR SHOULD I GO TO 39mm OR 41mm .i think pcw stoped producing 41 mm fcr's do you know anything about that.

is possible 1300cc engine to reach 180hp in the rear wheel??????????? with high compression pistons? (not turbo's or chargers)

I am waiting a transfer from my job after 14 years, to my home town. and that time comes i need to know that info. you know how it goes no rent .... v-max money spend :punk::clapping:xaxa

Probably for a street engine I would stick with the level 3 cam (biggest without going to a shim under bucket setup). You could go bigger and get more flow but you may not clear your pistons (even the stage 3 may not depending on the piston valve pockets and where they have it sitting for deck height).

I don't think 180 is doable with that small bore. MAYBE 1450-150 and even that's going to be a big challenge and still keep it streetable.

The 39's will make more torque and overall ride-ability. The 41's will make more HP but less torque and be a high rpm pulling engine only. I think PCW still makes the 41's for the 1500 and up longrod engines.

We use Megacycle cams and they do need a core set from you (I have cores I can use and then you send the old ones back to me or buy them outright). There is Webcams and not sure who else make them.

Sean

$700 normally but I figure a bit of discount in there when I give engine trade in's during a build so I can maybe do a bit less then that if desired. I don't want to give any big promises but would expect 5-8hp. You can ask Fargo (Raging Main) and see what he thinks about the set we got him.

Sean

Sean , one more question. do you have any info what are the benefit's of wild bros EFI system over FCR's. the cost is way to high for their system . for example if you gain on an engine with fcr 10-15 hp with the same engine Wild Bros EFI how much more will produce ? ? thanks for your time. When i am ready for the cam's i will contact you for the purchase

It's been widely tested and debated on EFI vs. Carbs on which one is better. Given the same size inlet (bore and size of the T/B or carb) and tune the Carb will always win due to it's better fuel atomization. Bill's EFi I think comes in two size tb's both of which are bigger then the carbs offered out there. I would personally like to see a back to back test to see just what the true gain is.

I suspect that they will out HP the carb due to the bigger size but maybe less torque due to slower intake velocity.

Sean

I would put EFI whenever I can but only a closed loop system.
I dont care those extra ponnies while system is maintence less and self learning.

TB's on EFI can be upgraded at any time with not a big deal, whenever You need more power.

Thats a benefits that carbs cant stand.

Back