shift from 2nd to 3rd, but pop into neutral

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biotank

Reaction score
I read lots post about couldn't shift into 2nd gear, but I haven't see any post regarding this issue yet.

what happen was I was on 2nd gear around 6k rpm, then shift into 3rd, but it pop into neutral ( neutral light is not on), and I try to shift into 3rd again, I heard gear try to engage but either the rpm is too low or speed is too high, the gear won't go in, I have to slow down a bit then shift into 3rd.

anyone experience issue like this ?

This isn't exactly what happened to me, but pretty damn close. Basicly you need a new transmission. Or at least I did.

Yep, trans dogs more then likely. We can help you with one of our undercut transmissions but it's not a cheap/simple fix. It is a good fix when it's done though!

I already had that problem once and shifted into a "ghost" gear that seemed like neutral but with no green light and sensed some teeth trying to engage but just so slightly (shaving). I decreased speed and was able to shift it back to the next gear... I had no problem since...

I had this issue twice in 6 month period (2000 km), how long can I still ride like it before I have to get new transmission ?

I had this issue twice in 6 month period (2000 km), how long can I still ride like it before I have to get new transmission ?

thats a tough call....if you dont beat on it maybe quite some time.

i had a 87 700 magna that had a funky tranny....i drove it 4 several yrs.....then sold it.

My bike has done this from time to time from the day I bought it, about 5 years ago now. So you may have a while with it.

I hate when this happens when I'm hard on the throttle, because the RPM usually jumps pretty high on the miss shift, I'm worried the engine won't like me one day.

Last edited:
Back