Shift pedal spacing...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamorg02

Reaction score
hey all..

i have a picture ( alittle blurry can get another one tho if needed) of my shift lever. Is this closer than stock (to the crankcase)? does it look like it got bent by the previous owner?

thanks!

EDIT: i should probably also say it definitely never hits the case. closest it gets is maybe a 1/8". I can't remember exactly haven't been on her in months!

Attachments

• IMGP1512.jpg
    IMGP1512.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 56
cool. i knew it wasn't a problem b/c it didn't hit, but i was curious if that looks to be about what it should be at.

if it was off it doesn't look like osmething i coudl bend back easily and anew one is like $75!!

Garrett..........here's a shot of mine. Thought the tape measure was a brilliant idea but it just didn't work out. It's 1" wide for reference.

yea it looks like mine's a bit closer next to the cover... i wonder how it got bent that far.... it only had 2k miles on it! could have been how the PO rode it i guess...

Can't tell from your pic but could there be a spacer washer missing on the inboard side, allowing the arm to move closer to the cover?

If you look at my pic you can see there is a little play there but it isn't much.

Can't tell from your pic but could there be a spacer washer missing on the inboard side, allowing the arm to move closer to the cover?

If you look at my pic you can see there is a little play there but it isn't much.

the washer that goes here?

i'm pretty sure i have one, will have to confirm later (its in my buddys garage)....

Attachments

• Copy of IMGP1512.jpg
    Copy of IMGP1512.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 27
mine looks just like your's and has fallen over once on that side, i'm sure it wasn't like that before it fell. dave

Well I just checked my bike, cos I always thought it was a little bent in toward the case. I guess that's standard?

Anyway, mine has a washer on it, but it's on the outside, between the shifter and the circlip.

yeah... NG, you have a pic of your spacing?

Fresh off the press just for ya my friend :biglaugh:

Attachments

• P1040634.jpg
    P1040634.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 35
  • P1040637.jpg
    P1040637.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 33
yea... almost like some are some aren't.. odd...

Latest posts

Back