Shinko tire question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megadeth1

Reaction score
Hello Gents! A question for you! Put the Shinko 230 TourMaster on the rear,size 170/80/15. looks,rides very nice,blows away stock Dunlops! Finally hit 10,000! Anyway, putting on Sinko 230TM on front in morning,size 120/90/18,looks snug but doable, anyone running this size up front? As always, thank you for any help! :ummm:

Ya a few people went with 120 up front - will do nothing for handling, just look a little fatter.

I believe most people with Shinkos fitted them no prob, but a few with different brand fronts had problem with the mudguard. I went with the 110 myself - just fine.

FWIW...I just removed a Metz Laser tech 110 and went to a Shinko TM, same size...110. No decel wobble with the Metz....BAD decel wobble with the Shinko.

Not saying the Shinko CAUSED the wobble....but it certainly contributed to it!!

I run a 120 Shinko. It fits, barely. I like the look and it didn't adversly affect the handling. Not that it's a handling machine anyway.

120 up front, NO fitment issues. 44 magnum is running the same thing on the older fork style so it works on both.

as far as the wobble? definitely doesn't help, but not sure it causes it either. jury is still out there.

Having not being able to get stock Bridgestones here anymore i went with a IRC up front and theres a slight wobble with that at certain times . I have since found a place here that will do me the shinkos here so i will be putting a rear on in the next 2-3 months . A few guys over here say the shinkos are crap in the rain , any you guys experience that at all ?

Having not being able to get stock Bridgestones here anymore i went with a IRC up front and theres a slight wobble with that at certain times . I have since found a place here that will do me the shinkos here so i will be putting a rear on in the next 2-3 months . A few guys over here say the shinkos are crap in the rain , any you guys experience that at all ?

never had a problem with it in the rain. but when its raining i turn off vboost and don't try to be a hero.

A few guys over here say the shinkos are crap in the rain , any you guys experience that at all ?

My Shinkos are definitely WAY better than the crappy Dunlops I had before in the rain.
But here also, in the rain I don't try too hard - Max is HEAVY and on wet roads I don't take many chances.

Having said that, I did ride Deal's Gap in the wet and the Shinkos did an amazing job at keeping it together.

My Shinkos are definitely WAY better than the crappy Dunlops I had before in the rain.
But here also, in the rain I don't try too hard - Max is HEAVY and on wet roads I don't take many chances.

Having said that, I did ride Deal's Gap in the wet and the Shinkos did an amazing job at keeping it together.

I have done plenty of research on them and a big majority love them , but you cant please everyone . Maybe certain riders are quick to blame anything else but themselves when they get into trouble . :confused2:

FWIW...I just removed a Metz Laser tech 110 and went to a Shinko TM, same size...110. No decel wobble with the Metz....BAD decel wobble with the Shinko.

Not saying the Shinko CAUSED the wobble....but it certainly contributed to it!!
After a full season with the shinkos I am not in love with the front tire either. The rear is great but I might look into a different front, btw I wore them out.

I thinking that I will get a different front tire too although the 110 shinko I have on now is a lot better than the bridgestone or dunlop. It does seem at times like it is a little out of balance or causes a wobble like effect when turning R and speeds below 50, do not notice it at higher speeds or pushing it fast through the corners. Maybe I will try the metzler 880 or Z6 on the front.:confused2:

Back