Shipping a Vmax frame

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny5

Reaction score
Has anybody ever shipped a frame? What is the best and cheapest route to go? I really don't want to pay $300+ for shipping. Thanks in advance.

J5

Where is it going/coming to? Maybe there are enough people to get it to you... when do you need it?

Jeff

It would be coming from Illinois (61264) to Texas (76040). I'm in no rush to get it here as it is a project for down the road. Seller said approximately $150 to ship and that was fine....now it has turned into $300+

It would be coming from Illinois (61264) to Texas (76040). I'm in no rush to get it here as it is a project for down the road. Seller said approximately $150 to ship and that was fine....now it has turned into $300+

That's in my home town of the Quad Cities! :clapping: I'm going to Topeka Kansas this Friday... That's closer! :confused2:

Sean could then get it to Wichita and then Kopperhed to Oklahoma.

Damn.... I was going to buy that... it is only an hour away from me.... we'll, I could get it... use it for a while, and send it down your way in a year or two.....

Damn.... I was going to buy that... it is only an hour away from me.... we'll, I could get it... use it for a while, and send it down your way in a year or two.....

Yeah....No! :rofl_200: Nice try though, I may have to give it up if i can't get the seller to work with me.:bang head:

I think UPS charged me like $100 last frame I shipped.

Sean

I found out he was getting quotes from UPS Freight...definately 300+. I have sent a request for him to use UPS Ground or Greyhound but i'm not sure he wants to box it up...we will see.:confused2:

greyhound will ship it (and ups will too) without it being boxed up. They charge an extra fee (I think $10) for "odd shape". Have him wrap it in a sheet or old blanket. That will help with fees sometimes too. Either way it shouldn't be that hard for him to take it in and have UPS send it.

Sean

Sounds fishy to me.

I've had stuff shipped 1000 miles that weighed 150 pounds and was the size of a small refridgerator for around $100-130 via UPS or Fedex.....

Latest posts

Back