Shipping Carbs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Sorry for this dumb question but I'm nowhere near my bike right now and am trying to figure domestic shipping costs. Anyone know what size box the carbs will fit in (still racked together) and how much they will weight?

It'd be sweet if they would fit in one of the large flat rate boxes 12"x12"x5" but I'm thinking the rack is wider than that

That would work, but I would go a bit bigger so you can pack it really well. 14x14x7 would be closer to my optimal size.

Chris

Actually the large flat rate box is just fine. Also use bubble wrap and not peanuts.

Unless you're sending them to Fargo. Then peanuts are fine. He's got practice at cleaning out the carbs now... lol

UPS can break anything... Use USPS or Fedex for a safer shipment.

Chris

The large flat rate box, Priority, actually only takes a couple of days and it is less than $20

I double boxed mine bomb proof. Find a box slightly larger than the carbs, bubble wrap the carbs place in box, now find larger box to be able to pad on all six sides... cost me 32 bucks from pa to neb..

No since cheaping out on shipping and risking damage to save a few bucks, thats my two cents..

I double boxed mine bomb proof. Find a box slightly larger than the carbs, bubble wrap the carbs place in box, now find larger box to be able to pad on all six sides... cost me 32 bucks from pa to neb..

No since cheaping out on shipping and risking damage to save a few bucks, thats my two cents..

Agreed! Has anyone priced a set of carbs? :worthy:

I'd make sure they were signed for as well with a conformation...

FYI- They do fit into the flat rate box. I did not have any room for padding on the diaphragm covers but I did have room on all other sides.

Latest posts

Back