Shock stud

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidon

Reaction score
Does anyone know of another bike part number that will work? I know the OEM stud is attached and not a separate part but my OTec one is and I just sheared it off :bang head::bang head::bang head:.

:confused2: Hey, If you mean the stud in the final drive for the shock it is removalbe and threaded on both ends. Good Luck, Spurs

Spurs

Thanks..stock will work for now but the one I broke is a custom size. Stock sticks out too much. Question I have for anyone is...Can I use a regular bolt and just cut a spacer to work like the mount or should I use a proper stud? Should it be a one piece part? Just wondering if any extra slop will effect vibration

Yes you can use a regular bolt and spacer. I have OEM studs on hand and we could probably machine up a custom one if desired.

Sean

Spurs

Thanks..stock will work for now but the one I broke is a custom size. Stock sticks out too much. Question I have for anyone is...Can I use a regular bolt and just cut a spacer to work like the mount or should I use a proper stud? Should it be a one piece part? Just wondering if any extra slop will effect vibration

:punk: Davidon, you can buy a chrome or stainless bolt and use a spacer as needed with no problems. If you're worried about strength you can buy a grade 8 bolt but I don't think you need it. Good luck, Spurs

Back