Show us your gauge setup

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sounds like we got that question answered.:deadhorse:

who was making the monster clusters or who has one? anyone know what Im talking about?

sounds like we got that question answered.:deadhorse:

who was making the monster clusters or who has one? anyone know what Im talking about?

COO makes the "Monster Gauges"
http://www.cycleoneoff.com/Dragracingclusters.html

This is the one I am running (not my bike).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=T7rjm4A-79M
Does a lot of different shit and looks pretty clean IMO
Speedo, ODO, Tach, Shift Light, Volts, +2 main functions that you choose (I have temp and oil pressure) plus some other stuff like 0-60, 1/4 mile.

Well this is what I have been working on the past while, it's mounted with cardboard right now just to get my measurements but you get the idea. I'm going to be mounting a small led for fuel and push button for my halo headlight in between the gauges but I haven't received them in the mail yet.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21364529698.792757.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21364529725.291852.jpg

Post pics here of your aftermarket/custom gauge clusters and setups. Be interesting to see the variations out there and give folks ideas of what can be done.

I will post pics tonight or tomorrow of Toxic's custom setup from Cycle One Off.

Guys.... I'm absolutely crazy. While I'm out of work, temporarily, I've hadvtimevto do some mods. Now, I've come upnwith a crazy cool one that involves the instrument cluster/gauges.

I'm going to do the manual fan switch mod, with a twist...
I will have a momentary push button on the handle bars, somewhere.
That momentary pulse switch will trigger a timed VCM vehicle control module from InPower.... This VCM will output power for a selected time range 0-3 minutes. This timed output power will energize a relay which in turn will connect the thermostat wires to turn on the fan for the per-selected time. It will automatically shut off at the expiation of the timer.
Cool thing is, I'm going to wire an indicator light in the blank spot on the instrument cluster, taken from parts from another max.

It will be cool, literally!!!

Stay tuned!!

Guys.... I'm absolutely crazy. While I'm out of work, temporarily, I've hadvtimevto do some mods. Now, I've come upnwith a crazy cool one that involves the instrument cluster/gauges.

I'm going to do the manual fan switch mod, with a twist...
I will have a momentary push button on the handle bars, somewhere.
That momentary pulse switch will trigger a timed VCM vehicle control module from InPower.... This VCM will output power for a selected time range 0-3 minutes. This timed output power will energize a relay which in turn will connect the thermostat wires to turn on the fan for the per-selected time. It will automatically shut off at the expiation of the timer.
Cool thing is, I'm going to wire an indicator light in the blank spot on the instrument cluster, taken from parts from another max.

It will be cool, literally!!!

Stay tuned!!

at the expiation of the timer

Is it going to say "I'm sorry for running-out of time?":rofl_200:
Doesn't the stock switch extinguish the electrons automatically? It's good therapy to stay-busy, hope things pick-up for you. That stuff will look good! Be sure & give us pics-lots of pics.

at the expiation of the timer

Is it going to say "I'm sorry for running-out of time?":rofl_200:

RIOT!!!!!

OK, here is my pretty much stock console.
I have the new garmin zumo position between the speedo and console when in the seated position. Doesn't take away from the cool look of the max.

I will be mounting my miracle fan switch, somewhere, which will then illuminate the blank slot on the console. Since I have nothing better to do. The wiring of the switch to the VCM to the Relay all to control the fan is the easy part... the bitch will be making a usable light slot in the console where the dummy blank is. I looked behind the part, and it will take some doing to modify and glue in the new guts :)

I'm just insane enough to do this mod.

Yes, plenty of pics will follow.
You can see how the handlebar ball mount for the GPS is low enough to maintain the low-profile look of the max, without sticking up high in the air.

I know you guys were interested in console mods, but this is the precursor to mine - if I don't burn out first. haaa.

console.jpg
picture2.jpg
picture3.jpg

Well this is what I have been working on the past while, it's mounted with cardboard right now just to get my measurements but you get the idea. I'm going to be mounting a small led for fuel and push button for my halo headlight in between the gauges but I haven't received them in the mail

I dig that one!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Here is my new setup......
Blue fan button on left handlebar, with blue light on console next to hi beams.

image.jpg

Here is mine, the very top is my Innovate LC1 digital wideband gauge and right next to it is a universal gear indicator (thanks again Ost85vmax!!) and then the Vapor speedometer/tach, I have COP's so the tach doesn't work on the Vapor but that's what the shiftlight is for because it has a digital readout for the tach. Mechanical oil pressure gauge, NX nitrous pressure gauge, on the left handlebar is my air pressure gauge for my air shifter, on the right of the handlebars is my tether, and the switch for my nitrous bottle heater.. Edit, sorry I forgot the roll of two sided tape over my nitrous pressure gauge but you get the idea LOL

Attachments

• IMAG0870.jpg
    IMAG0870.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 183
In the process of reassembly with the new color, but just imagine the black as a candy, med-dark red.

There is my speedo/tach, Harlan shift light, the nitrous controller is mounted on the bar clamp; then below it, is the temp, volt meter and oil pressure gauges. The lights are neutral, the toggle is for the Vboost 3k-off-6k, the next two lights are flashing red LED's for oil and fuel. The high beam and turn signals are up on the speedo/tach. The LED on the controller comes on when the system is armed.

controllerv3mounted.jpg

p1040064p.jpg

This is what mine looks like so far. Just have to finish installation and wiring on the bike, then an adjustment of the windshield will probably be in order.

Attachments

• gauge1.jpg
    gauge1.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 168
That's slick Bob, what's in the dark circle on the upper left?
Innovate air/fuel gauge. I might have to make a visor for it though, I had it temporarily zip tied to the bike and couldn't read it in the sun light! Stupid smoked lens! I wish I would have gotten the other style of gauge face:bang head:

Ridin' time is looming large eh Brian!! :punk:
My projects were delayed until this spring for need of parts so I just decided to do only what's needed to ride this season and leave all the trial and error R & D work until riding seasons over. I hopefully will have a shop by then so I can work on my projects and not have to worry about things being moved or have to put stuff away then drag them back out just to work on something.

Back