Sick of winter, ready to ride????

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I forgot to mention our social group, thanks Jeff!
Here is a link Jim: http://www.vmaxforum.net/group.php?groupid=17
To navigate to the page from the main forum view: you'll see at the top the MENU button, once you click on that a drop down menu appears, scan down to near the middle you will see SOCIAL GROUPS, clicking on that will bring you to all the social groups pn the forum; ours is called MICHIGAN VMAXERS. I believe you can join immediately, but if not I'm sure Chuck will be along soon enough to approve your membership.

Very cool guys, I am a member and I look forward to meeting you all!

I say a road trip to the east side is in order!.........I would like to check out the roads in the thumb area, I hope Jim doesn't mind a few Hooligan antics, otherwise a couple of us will probally be shown the county line!.........Ain't that right Mike!!..............:biglaugh:...............Tom.

Tom, do you know what is the "hobo's express?"

No fair googling.

You guys go to the east-side & misbehave, you might get to find-out!:biglaugh:

I say a road trip to the east side is in order!.........I would like to check out the roads in the thumb area, I hope Jim doesn't mind a few Hooligan antics, otherwise a couple of us will probally be shown the county line!.........Ain't that right Mike!!..............:biglaugh:...............Tom.

I'm game. I know the thumb like the back of my hand, its a great ride all the way around the tip.

And if they haven't kicked me out yet, I'm sure you guys will be golden!!

Ok FM........I would say it would have something to do with getting run out of town on a rail??..........Am I close?............Tom.

Kinda, the county sheriff takes the indigent to the county line & hands-off the miscreant to the adjoining county's sheriff deputy, and this repeats from county line to county line, until the state border. "And don't you come-back, unless you want to get arrested for "resisting arrest!" (lumping-up guaranteed)

Snowing now in Iowa but next weekend it is supposed to be in the 50s, a ride is definitely in order.

It's in the 30's here our weathermen are saying there is no warm weather in site for the next 2 weeks here . My bikes crying to be ridden.

Still cold here. Might get more snow this week... More salt on the roads again:bang head: Hope to be riding in 2 weeks. The itch is killing me!

I went out this weekend and last because the 10 day forecast for March has been over 40 degrees since the 1st. Then once it's the weekend forecast it's 20 and snowing.

Last Saturday was 35 so I said fuck it, close enough! Put about 50 miles on before packing it in.

Yesterday was glorious at the all-month-long promised 40 degrees. Ran out the rest of my winter fuel and then packed it because on a vboost the bars went nuts on me! Almost a full blown tank slapper. I nursed it home and checked it over... almost 20 lbs light on the front tire pressure. Nice to know I almost wrecked due to being too dumb to properly give the bike a once over before taking her out of winter storage.

Don't skip the tire pressure step on your spring warm-up folks, it might try to kill you.

I went out this weekend and last because the 10 day forecast for March has been over 40 degrees since the 1st. Then once it's the weekend forecast it's 20 and snowing.

Last Saturday was 35 so I said fuck it, close enough! Put about 50 miles on before packing it in.

Yesterday was glorious at the all-month-long promised 40 degrees. Ran out the rest of my winter fuel and then packed it because on a vboost the bars went nuts on me! Almost a full blown tank slapper. I nursed it home and checked it over... almost 20 lbs light on the front tire pressure. Nice to know I almost wrecked due to being too dumb to properly give the bike a once over before taking her out of winter storage.

Don't skip the tire pressure step on your spring warm-up folks, it might try to kill you.

Thanks for the reminder; a lot of us northern folk get so irritated with winter that we don?t bother with a pre-spring check! Oil, air, lube, ect. Good call on not going down!

I am very sensitive to tire pressure being down. I seem to sense it right-away if I didn't bother w/the safety check before riding. No-way could I ride more that a 1/2-mi before knowing the front tire was that-low! Glad you caught it.

I am very sensitive to tire pressure being down. I seem to sense it right-away if I didn't bother w/the safety check before riding. No-way could I ride more that a 1/2-mi before knowing the front tire was that-low! Glad you caught it.

Normally I am too, but first ride + all the winter mods and I was over thinking it. Maybe I was just rusty, maybe I didn't tighten something down much, maybe this, maybe that... maybe I should check the tire pressure didn't enter my mind for some reason.

My FZR1000 steers like a Mack truck if the tire pressure isn't 30+ lb. I pretty-much would know it the first turn at speed if I was 20 psi low. I had a slow leak in my front wheel valve and would just get in the habit of checking the tire pressure every time I slipped the ignition key into the lock, as I didn't ride it as-frequently as I once did. When I decided to get it fixed, the tire changer was getting pissed because he couldn't get a 90 degree valvestem to seal well, he went thru 3 before he finally got one to hold pressure and not drop it. Guess they got-in a bad batch. Sorry, it's my life on the line here!

It turned of to be a pretty nice day here in DSM so I got my first ride, even though it was short, it was awesome. Now some maintenance and cleaning.

I finally put the battery in the bike and got it started. I had no intention on taking it out because there is still quite a bit of snow around. Once I heard that awesome V4 come to life, I found myself with helmet, gloves, and jacket on, ready to go! I went for a short spin around the block. It feels so good to be on 2 wheels again! Now, if all that snow would melt and warm up a bit... VBoost is like a drug, and I want more!!!

Attachments

• 2013-04-05_16-29-22_253.jpg
    2013-04-05_16-29-22_253.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 6
  • 2013-04-05_16-29-38_583.jpg
    2013-04-05_16-29-38_583.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 5
Back