sidestand relay

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnlee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need help with my 97max. I need to know exactly where is the sidestand relay, what it looks like and how to check it to see if it's good. My manuel has very fuzzy pictures and the colors of the wires don't match up with anything on my max. If anyone has any info please let me know. Thanks, Shawn

Take off the left scoop and loosen three screws holding the heat shield on. Relay is mounted in a grommet located in front of front ignition coils. There should be 4 wires going to it. Black, black/white, red/white, blue/white.

To test, hook volt meter to black and black/white pins of relay. Do not disconnect anything. Turn on key, put bike in gear, and put sidestand down. Reading should be 12 volts. Put sidestand up and reading should go down to 0 or a really low voltage reading.

Hey Shawn, just sent pm with info before reading this thread - basically the same info as Mark - hope you get it figured out soon.

Mike

Latest posts

Back