Silencers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caseyjones955

Reaction score
http://www.kotatv.com/content/news/379436911.html

This is pretty cool, I sold the last of my VW parts to a guy and when I dropped them off I was checking out his machine shop, he had a whole inventory of silencers and demonstrated several. Very cool indeed. This manufacturer is different but it seems there are a lot of these things being churned out around here.

Maybe one of these would be cool in my Browning Hi-Power 40.

I'm watching to see if it kicks off another craze of gun control proponents going nuts.

Suppressors are very popular. I prefer shooting suppressed; less noise, recoil and muzzle flash. The waiting game with the ATF and a $200 tax stamp sucks. NFA weapons are like motorcycles, tattoos, and potato chips, you can't have just one.

This weekend here in Oregon, is the Saddle Butte Machine Gun Shoot and the Oregon Vintage Motorcycle meet, both are at the same freeway exit. Guns to east and bikes to the west. I'll be riding my VMax to both on Sunday, weather permitting.

Sure wish I would have been using one for the last X number of years....probly make a significant difference in being able to hear my wife better..........:whistlin:

I haven't checked yet but can guarantee Her Blomo won't allow such a thing in New York!!

Cool stuff like this gets stomped out on the coasts, doesnt it.

I was unaware of a tax stamp, I was thinking about buying one for my 40 and it never came up.

Yeah, but maybe there's a tiny sliver of sunshine here.....a few more days in the gravel pit with some hot .45's and I won't even be able to here Blomo's whiney voice anymore....yup, a definite plus!! :thumbs up:

NFA tax stamps go back to 1934, $200 then was allot of money, now it is a nuisance. A Hearing Protection bill was proposed in congress last year to remove the $200 tax for suppressors. If that ever happens, I will acquire a few more. .22 long rifle suppressors are fun to shoot with, for about $200-300, but the tax and paperwork double the cost of acquiring one;$200 stamp, 2 passport photos, 2 fingerprint cards and postage.

Back