sissibar installed.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arlon

Reaction score
Hi folks,

My wife was screaming and :th_SmileyBoobs: up and down for a sissybar on the bike!
Specialy while using the V-boost....:rocket bike:

So after some browsing at the internet I found a used one for just 10,- euro's. (not mentioning the 300km driving with a backpack at the back of my wife) But still much cheaper than the 225,- for a original
This one came from a Honda Sabre:barf:

So after lots of drilling and grinding the sissybar fits snuggy at the back of the bike.
So the next time I will find her most probably :sleep 2:at the back.

Up to the next project :ummm:

Greetzzzz

Attachments

• WP_000369.jpg
    WP_000369.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 90
  • WP_000370.jpg
    WP_000370.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 75
  • WP_000371.jpg
    WP_000371.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 69
  • WP_000372.jpg
    WP_000372.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 69
  • WP_000373.jpg
    WP_000373.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 69
  • WP_000374.jpg
    WP_000374.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 70
It looks like the sissybar is only being held in place by the turn signal bolts. The portion below the grab rail compensates for the backwards pressure exerted by the passenger, providing that it is strong enough(?) in the thinner section formed when fitted to the grab rail, BUT those t.s. bolts were not intended to provide much fastening force - after all, they are hollow, and don't have a head section, only a rubber sleeve and pinch bolt. If one was to let go, what would stop the portion below the rail from bending out and flipping past the outside of the grab rail?
Unless there are other supports or fasteners hidden in the pics, I would be leery about this setup. Just my humble opinion.

Last edited:
Agreed, I like the overall idea but a few things I wasn't as happy with were the signal retention as well as space lost from the distance forward the bar is sitting. Still looks good but hopefully strong and safe.

Sean

I thought you did a good job adapting it but worry its strength. To find out the wrong way and you will never forgive yoursrlf for cheaping out. Factory is pretty stout. Lastly, it appears that the rest is too straight up and down which forces the wifes vagina and anus too close to you. The factory rest accounts for this and allows passenger to seat rearward somewhat and avoiding cramped riding position.

Actually, I've never had issues with my wifes aforementioned body parts being too close to me. I would worry about the strength of the setup though. I do however like that the pad sits closer because my wife does not like the stock backrest on the vmax. She told me that she is too far away from me when riding and she feels like she is strapped to the wing of an airplane. I actually strap another backrest pad to the existing one when I take her out on the vmax and she deems it acceptable.

Hi folks,
Thx for the repies and the concerns!
I do understand the worries about the indicator bolds and the strenght of them.
I'm less worries about the steel strenght. It's pretty thick material, for about 4mm (0.2in) thick, and pretty stong and veyy hard to bend. Also we did try already some testing while standing still to see if the construction was holding. But still I would keep an eye on it to see how it holds. About her gentlle body parts I'm not worried at all. The closer the better ;-) Keeps my lower back warm
Greetzzz

Back