sleft blinker shorts again

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumacorp

Reaction score
Ok like the last time the blinker is fine until I start driving..When I drive and put the left blinker on it dims and shuts off and the motor runs rough...
Does anyone have the wiring schematic for the blinker system???

I can leave the key on with the motor off and the blinker will run fine
with no problems..It only starts going out when I drive..

better yet does anyone know where the self cancelling unit is??? or how to disable it?

The blinkers relay (which includes the self-canceling mechanism I believe) is located under the left-hand scoop. Just remove the scoop and switch the blinkers on - it'll be obvious which one it is. There is a wire in the head lamp (connected to speedo) that is part of the self-canceling also.

Yeah as i was looking at the schematic it is a separate unit...
Now heres the kicker of all kickers..I have an aftermarket speedo that doesnt have the unit obviously ....When I rev her up I have no problem,,but when I go forward and give her gas then she shorts out,,,real strange..

Does anyone know what color wire or where that sensor wire is located?

gonna say F u k it and cut the wire that goes to the signal relay from the canceling unit..Yes the unit is separate and it is not in the relay itself...Just letting everyone know just in case u were wondering...I was being lazy ,,but now I looked at the schematics nd yes it is separate ...I will let everyone know what happens..

update

cutting line did nothing...after I checked for shorts all over..I went and opened the blinker button..Well I cleaned it and put some dielectric grease and its 50% better...Still funks out on real hard motor loads,,but 50% or more better...So I guess the switch is not grounding that good cause of age and wear factor....

Does anyone know what color wire controls the auto cancel coming off the blinker switch (not the flasher) the switch...

Latest posts

Back