Slight Carb Backfire.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caleb_M

Reaction score
I just went to lunch and on my way back I heard some small carb backfires, at the same time I heard some louder tones coming out the right pipe. I don't want to call them backfires because it just sounded like a much louder exhaust note, kind of a "womp womp womp" sound coming out the right side while cruisin' around at 20mph.

I got on it a couple times and there was a series of three pops coming from the carbs again. The only change recently was my K&N, maybe it didn't seat properly? I'm at a loss, any ideas guys?

Thanks

Mine too, I did shim the slide needles then after some miles, I did hear a pop again. Better off the bottom though.

If no changes were made prior to these symptoms showing up it could be the results of crappy gas...do you guys run seafoam periodically?

I just went to lunch and on my way back I heard some small carb backfires, at the same time I heard some louder tones coming out the right pipe. I don't want to call them backfires because it just sounded like a much louder exhaust note, kind of a "womp womp womp" sound coming out the right side while cruisin' around at 20mph.

I got on it a couple times and there was a series of three pops coming from the carbs again. The only change recently was my K&N, maybe it didn't seat properly? I'm at a loss, any ideas guys?

Thanks
So the only change was the addition of the K&N filter? If you still have the old one, throw it back on the bike and see if the problem goes away, if it does than you know it's the filter and would need to adjust accordingly.... but I have ZERO clue how you would adjust.... so I guess this post is kinda useless..... ok, need coffee.... :worthy:

Back