Social Security???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
Don't know if this has ever been posted but it's interesting...

History Lesson on Your Social Security Card

Just in case some of you didn't know this. It's easy to check out, if you don't believe it. Be sure and show it to your family and friends. They need a little history lesson on what's what and it doesn't matter whether you are Democrat or Republican. Facts are Facts.

Social Security Cards up until the 1980's expressly stated the number and card were not to be used for identification purposes.
Since nearly everyone in the United States now has a number, it became convenient to use it anyway and the message, NOT FOR IDENTIFICATION, was removed.

Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social Security (FICA) Program. He promised:

1.) That participation in the Program would be Completely voluntary,

No longer Voluntary

2.) That the participants would only have to pay 1% of the first $1,400 of their annual
Incomes into the Program

Now 7.65%
on the first $90,000

3.) That the money the participants elected to put into the Program would be deductible from
their income for tax purposes each year,

No longer tax deductible

4.) That the money the participants put into the independent 'Trust Fund' rather than into the
general operating fund, and therefore, would only be used to fund the Social Security
Retirement Program, and no other Government program, and,

Under Johnson the money was moved to The General Fund and Spent

5.) That the annuity payments to the retirees would never be taxed as income.

Under Clinton & Gore Up to 85% of your Social Security can be Taxed

Since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are now receiving a Social Security check every month –

and then finding that we are getting taxed on 85% of the money we paidto the Federal government to 'put
away' --
you may be interested in the following:

Q: Which Political Party took Social Security from the independent 'Trust Fund' and put it into the general fund so that Congress could spend it?

A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the democratically controlled House and Senate.

Q: Which Political Party eliminated the income tax deduction for Social Security (FICA) withholding?

A: The Democratic Party.

Q: Which Political Party started taxing Social Security annuities?

A: The Democratic Party, with Al Gore casting the 'tie-breaking' deciding vote as President of the
Senate, while he was Vice President of the US

Q: Which Political Party decided to start giving annuity payments to immigrants?

AND MY FAVORITE:

A: That's right! Jimmy Carter and the Democratic Party.
Immigrants moved into this country, and at age 65, began to receive Social Security payments! The Democratic Party gave these payments to them, even though they never paid a dime into it!

Then, after violating the original contract (FICA), the Democrats turn around and tell you that the Republicans want to take your Social Security away!

So , what this points out , in so many words...the dems are the builders of every scheme that takes money out of our pockets , sometimes 2 or 3 times at once ( Ex. sales tax-excise tax-inspection fees-permits and on and on ) They are the standard by which all scumbags are judged...if they all died today , it wouldn't be too soon...:damn angry:

Have a nice day...

I don't in all reality care who F'd it all up. After listening to a lifetime of "We're gonna fix it", Just fix the F'N THING..... And do it RIGHT and UNSCREW US OLD FARTS WHO PLAYED BY ALL THE RULES....

Ok.....so the first 5, are on the SSA website as internet myths....the others arent there....so I would say that they are true.

I'm in my late 40s now, I don't think I'm in for much but never counted on it. At least it appears I can still collect if I'm in the PI as long as I don't actually expat.

I'm showing my kids to plan financially like it does not exist. I'm sure they will have the privilege of paying into it, but expecting it to be available when they need it. Count me skeptical.

WE are the end of the line , our kids and future generations are fucked . Anyone that thinks there's a future in this country with the current form of currency is sadly mistaken...:damn angry: There's a book out there ' America 2020 ' , if you get a chance read it . OR , at the very least , have your kids read it...some extremely good advice for the future...not bullshit or snake-oil solutions...:thumbs up:

WE are the end of the line , our kids and future generations are fucked . Anyone that thinks there's a future in this country with the current form of currency is sadly mistaken...:damn angry: There's a book out there ' America 2020 ' , if you get a chance read it . OR , at the very least , have your kids read it...some extremely good advice for the future...not bullshit or snake-oil solutions...:thumbs up:

The only politicians that are talking about ending Social Security are Republicans. Jeb Bush for one. Don't you remember his brother floating the idea to give YOUR money to Wall Street to invest? If you vote Republican you will lose Social Security. One of the most successful government programs ever. Has kept millions of seniors out of total poverty.
David Tavares

Hmm lies of the right wing.....how about...."I never sent classified emails from my personal email"....and I have turned over all emails.

Hey.....what can I say.....you will always be Rosarito Dave to me.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Hmm lies of the right wing.....how about...."I never sent classified emails from my personal email"....and I have turned over all emails.

you can't say much, or you choose not to. Another of your straw man arguments. The inference is that Hilary wasn't truthful about her emails so that is justification to believe the outright lies about Social Security that the republicans are pushing to instill fear. The issue about her emails has nothing whatsoever to do with the topic at hand. Start another thread about Hilary's email so I can talk about the 1 million plus emails that the Bush/Chaney administration deleted.

I know, I know, my wife and I decided to retire in Mexico and I'm a statist( what ever the fuck that is) so whatever I say is of no value. But then I'm in good company. A friend of mine retired down here from his hundred million dollar construction company, another fellow I know is ex-navy seal and ex-commander of a sub, also Jesse Ventura is down here along with about 50,000 ex-pats. I will not mention you working for fossil fuel extraction industry and are willing to throw everyone under the bus, including your own family so you can keep your chump-change paycheck by denying Climate Change.

I know, I know, my wife and I decided to retire in Mexico and I'm a statist( what ever the fuck that is) so whatever I say is of no value. But then I'm in good company. A friend of mine retired down here from his hundred million dollar construction company, another fellow I know is ex-navy seal and ex-commander of a sub, also Jesse Ventura is down here along with about 50,000 ex-pats. I will not mention you working for fossil fuel extraction industry and are willing to throw everyone under the bus, including your own family so you can keep your chump-change paycheck by denying Climate Change.
If you look at my screen name....that should pretty much say it all. I am a paramedic. I do work offshore in the GOM. ..and still take care of people like I have for the last 23 years. I came offshore 8 years ago because I was tired of working 2 full time jobs.....and wanted to be able to retire before I died. I am very proud of the fact that the company that I am associated with is very responsible to the environment. ...and as well as each other. You did forget 1 fact though.....my company produces the gasoline that goes in your Vmax. I do think the climate is changing. ..I just don't think humans play a big part in it. We haven't in all of the ones in the past.

If you look at my school screen name....that should pretty much say it all. I am a paramedic. I do work offshore in the GOM. ..and still take care of people like I have for the last 23 years. I came offshore 8 years ago because I was tired of working 2 full time jobs.....and wanted to be able to retire before I died. I am very proud of the fact that the company that I am associated with is very responsible to the environment. ...and do well as each other. You did forget 1 fact though.....my company produces the gasoline that goes in your Vmax. I do think the climate is changing. ..I just don't think humans play a big part in it. We haven't in all of the ones in the past.

Very environmentally responsible, just like Exxon and BP to name a couple. Nice try but no cigar. That said it is good that you want to help other people and for that I give you a kudo. But maybe you could help many more people by giving up the circumvention by the drilling companies of safety rules so we may not have any more huge spills.

Very environmentally responsible, just like Exxon and BP to name a couple. Nice try but no cigar. That said it is good that you want to help other people and for that I give you a kudo. But maybe you could help many more people by giving up the circumvention by the drilling companies of safety rules so we may not have any more huge spills.
Well nice guessing. .but I'm not associated with either one of those. BP got what it deserved for breaking the rules....and killing 11 people. The interesting fact though.....what actually hurt the environment was the dispersent that the government put on the oil. The dispersent is banned in over 30 countries. Crude oil is a natural substance....and mother nature knows how do deal with it. There are actually microbes on the ocean floor that eat crude oil. Oh.....BTW. ...the largest company for the last couple of years running....and most profitable. ..is not ExxonMobil. ....it's Walmart.

Back