Soft clutch lever

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tmcort

Reaction score
My clutch lever was soft but filled the reservoir and bled the system at the banjo bolt and it feels much better but still dies when I drop it into first gear. Is there another spot to bleed this system. It's a 2006 with only 4900 miles. Thanks for any advice.

My clutch lever was soft but filled the reservoir and bled the system at the banjo bolt and it feels much better but still dies when I drop it into first gear. Is there another spot to bleed this system. It's a 2006 with only 4900 miles. Thanks for any advice.
If it dies when you put it in 1st gear it is most likely the kickstand neutral safety switch having debris and needing to be cleaned---when you move the side stand lever up it should activate it. There is also a bypass under the left side scoop where there is a relay you can remove. I wouldn't fill the reservoir up as the fluid expands when hot-try lowering the level and cable tie the lever to the handlebars leaving overnight to see if you can get all the air to rise to the top. There is also a neutral safety switch plugged into the clutch lever.

kickstand neutral safety switch
Yes, a good suggestion. Some WD-40 or CRC 5-56 squirted on the shaft should allow it to slide well, and to perform properly. Squirt, and manually operate the shaft until the spring mechanism actuates the shaft properly when you activate the kickstand. With the kickstand down bike in neutral and running, when you put it in gear, the sidestand switch kills the bike to keep you from trying to ride-away with it down.

If all else has failed read the instructions!
If is due to clutch drag then I would expect the bike to jump forward before it stalls.
If it is due to the safety cut-out then this would not happen.

Back