Som general ??'s about my "New" 'Max...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeaTownV-Max

Reaction score
Hey guys, New V-Maxer here, from Seattle. I'm trying to get to know this beast and had a question or three I bet you all can help me with.

First up- Is this what I THINK it is?

photo-13.jpg

Next- What kind of exhaust are these? They're clamped on.. 4into4:

photo-14.jpg

Finally- what sort of luggage will fit on this Bad Boy? I love me some luggage, being as I ride a bunch and love to use my bikes for any errands I can manage on them.

photo-15.jpg

Thanks for your help everyone! :punk:

The luggage is an OEM parcel shelf. Very valuable if you wanna get rid of it.

The exhausts are slash cut Cobra slip-ons. Look good, sound ok-ish (to some) and sap power. Basically trash, unless of course you like them lol..

The switch could be two things: either a T-boost switch (usually 3-positions:v-boost on, vboost off and vboost at 3k instead of 6k rpm), or a fan bypass switch, to bring the cooling fan on earlier in hot weather.

Hey guys, New V-Maxer here, from Seattle. I'm trying to get to know this beast and had a question or three I bet you all can help me with.

First up- Is this what I THINK it is?

photo-13.jpg

Next- What kind of exhaust are these? They're clamped on.. 4into4:

photo-14.jpg

Finally- what sort of luggage will fit on this Bad Boy? I love me some luggage, being as I ride a bunch and love to use my bikes for any errands I can manage on them.

photo-15.jpg

Thanks for your help everyone! :punk:

Switch could be a fan overide , V-boost rpm adjuster . Trace the wires and you'll know for sure.

I like luggage.

I hate power sapping!

I will test this little switch on my way to work this morning...

THANKS!

You have the rare saddlebag supports also. Think they were made in Germany. No longer available, so do not let them go. Almost any soft saddlebags will work, along with tail bags. I am partial to Nelson Rigg but there are many good luggage makers out there.

If you remove the left scoop and see a little circular puck in there, usually velcro'd on top of the stock v-boost controller, it's the t-boost switch. Center is off, one way is stock 6000, and the other is 3000.

The sissy bar and luggage rack are factory accessories. Worth a buttload on ebay, could easily sell it for several hundred. I keep a bungy cord around it and sometimes put a backpack on the little rack. The post is also useful for carrying an extra helmet for a passenger or something.

Cobra slip-ons. While exhaust sound is pretty subjective I'm not a big fan of the sound from them. Sounds.....muddy to me. Slip-ons save weight over the stock muffler(which weighs a ton) and give you sound, but nothing else. Fine if you keep the motor stock, but to get any real results from a jet kit you need headers too.

Thanks guys I will take a closer look, but the Switch appears to be two position,not three, and since it's been soaking wet these past couple days around here, every time I twist the throttle a little too much right now all I do is sit and spin lol. I don't think the switch is affecting the come on of the V-Boost, sadly. Must be something for the fan, like other said. I'll certainly get a close look at it this weekend when I plan to put the bike up on a stand for a few days (if I can pry myself off the bike that long!) and work on some stuff I wanted to get after.

I love luggage racks, I was pumped to see it when I found the bike. As for the paint- it's the first thing to go. I have a plan...

My homemade T-Boost has the exact same switch in the exact same place. Check out the T-Boost thread in VMAXOUTLAW.com. Luggage racks are cool - I made my own - not nearly as nice as those, but they work.

Back