Sometimes the simple things are overlooked

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedi-

Reaction score
Having got my 88 project on the road I had noticed that it wasn't really cranking fast at all. It had been off the road all the time I was building it and assumed that the battery might be on the way out. I had another one from an xv750 which is the same battery and the result was just the same if not worse.
I charged them up a couple of times and came to the conclusion that maybe a new battery might be on order. The bikes starts extremely easy even with poor slow cranking until yesterday when it could hardly crank at all.
Anyway today I got the meter out and thought I better check the charging circuit etc and investigate a little further just to be sure. One thing I did remember was to double check the earth lead to the motor as having painted the motor perhaps the earth wasn't good? I unscrewed the bolt that holds the lead,cleaned up the mounting surfaces and put some dialetric grease all over it and tightened it back up. Not really expecting anything I hit the starter switch and BAMM , this thing cranks like a Mother:eusa_dance:
I just hadn't expected anything so simple was causing this.

Latest posts

Back