Source for decent rearsets for 1st Gen bike

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biker Dash

Reaction score
I want to find some rearsets to get my feet where they need to be for the most comfort. On the stock bike, if I have the tips of my toes resting on the pegs, my legs and hips feel like they are in the most natural riding position for me, but obviously, my feet ain't very secure that way.

Anyone know of a company that sells a decent set, or will I end up having to scrounge Ebay for them?

May have found a solution... will have to cruise around to see how it feels...
The rear peg mounts. Just for shits n' giggles, I went outside and took a seat. Placed my feet up there... just to see how it feels.

If it feels ok like that, then I will have to get custom made shift and brake levers made up.

Give me an hour, and I will be back with thoughts on that possible position lol

EDIT:
That idea is a bust.
Those Exactrep rearsets, do you have decent pics of them? The few pics I found were way too small

Ok... I managed to find decent images of both the Exactrep and WR rear sets.

BOTH have critical failings for me.

The pegs pivot with the levers. DO NOT WANT!
I would be stuck with the round ones that are machined as part of the mounting and stuff. DO NOT WANT!

In order to get what I want, I am going to have to go to a machine shop I guess and have one-offs made to my specifications.

I want the ability to swap pegs. I also want the pegs to be foldable. And I need to have the levers separate from the pegs.

I think I know of two places in my area that can do this. Will be paying out the ass for them, but to get exactly what I want... it will be worth it.

Thank yu guys for the assistance. I still wanna see pics of your rearsets on the bikes, cause seeing what others have done is just simply cool!
pinkiehappy.png

I have a set in our Muscle Sale section that are german made. Very nice.

Correct, The WR's foot pegs do not fold, and that is a definite drawback, a simple low speed drop could easily put you on foot. I looked at changing mine to some sort of folding setup but it seemed to be just too much effort for the reward. It could easily be done by a decent machinist.
Part of the difficulty is the the foot peg is also the pivot point for the levers, as well as part of the overall "structure" which complicates it past just simply "swapping foot pegs"

I finally got my FXS rearsets attached to the bike with homemade 3mm stainless brackets - not as easy as it looks and they'll need some more work to make them look like they belong to the bike :confused2: but, I believe in function over form and I'm loving the new riding position

My advice is to get somebody to make a full set, maybe even reuse pieces of the original levers/pegs (or parts of a cheap sporty set)
PS: KJ has a 3D printer :biglaugh:

still have LSL and OTec. OTec is the one below and it doesn't have foldable pegs as well but can be replaced by ones who do fold... I was making a set then i got a set of OTecs on a deal and abandoned the project...

img43441.jpg

25112011616.jpg

Ahhh... I was looking on his Morley Muscle site. My bad!
facehoof.png

They look like they would fit my needs nearly perfectly. $300 sounds like a decent price as well. Only concern is the distance back. Will they be further back than would be comfortable.

I finally got my FXS rearsets attached to the bike with homemade 3mm stainless brackets - not as easy as it looks and they'll need some more work to make them look like they belong to the bike :confused2: but, I believe in function over form and I'm loving the new riding position

My advice is to get somebody to make a full set, maybe even reuse pieces of the original levers/pegs (or parts of a cheap sporty set)
PS: KJ has a 3D printer :biglaugh:
Yeah... and if I do not go with the one's Sean has, I think I will be sending a ViaCad 3D file to KJ to have him make up molds for mounting brackets.

DAMN! Tough decision here...

The Otec ones are really nice, like pretty much what they produce but unfortunately cost an arm and a leg :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Back