Spikes on my Frame Braces..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamorg02

Reaction score
So i got my frame braces a while back, and the p/o had put a really ugly badge on them, so i have 2 holes on each. i was thinking of putting two more holes and trying to put some spikes on the frame braces, i think it'd look kinda trick.

thing is, most of the accent spikes need the backside of whatever ur attaching them to, to work..

like these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-BL...1803498QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

which obviously i can't do since altho the framebrace is hollow, i'm not drilling a hole in the back to hold the nut.

anyways, ya think something like those would work, with some loctite? or maybe tighten the nut really tigh tto the spike. then put the lock washer on, then tighten the whole thing down by the nut.

thoughts?

I think those would work great. Ditch the lock nut and washer tho. All you should have to do is tap the hole in the brace to match the thread on the spike. Throw a little medium strength thread locker on there and your good to go.

thanks mike. yea i think the license plate bolts would be too thick. taping that big of a hole would just be a pain to cover later. the ones on there now are probably 3/16 ish.

Back