- Stage 7 Rebuild -

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warp12

Reaction score
I have a set of Stage 7 carbs here. I would like to rebuild them for racing purposes. Which typical rebuild parts will I need, and what will I need for a proper selection of jets?

Thanks in advance!!

might give dannymax a shout...he can help as can a few guys like sean. is the bike stock , have you changed the exhaust system??

A Hindle 4 - 1 like this one?

Like this:

vmaxbuild172.jpg

122 mph in the 1/4 so far, on stock carbs, stock airbox (Y gone). Lean on top, and very fat in the midrange. Yes, I would like to improve on that!!

Newer system than mine but my Hindle seemed to like the Factory Pro 1.0 better....if I can trust my seat of the pants dyno.

Lots of guys run Sean's Morley Muscle kit and get real good power out of it....might want to check with him.

If they already have the stage 7 kit you just need the basic parts all the gaskets & orings , needle , jet block plugs . As far as jets I have all them on hand to. I would open them up & see what's in them & go from there.

Need to know your baseline then do your testing. Adding in the larger PAJ2's will lean the midrange out.

Start shaving parts off it to get it faster. Light wheels from us, single caliper (one of our busa's) and rotor, lighter pegs, cut down seat, and other misc to lighten it up.

Sean

The 89 has always been one of my favorite stock color combos. Only year of the black chrome scoops if I remember correctly. May be the prettiest Max ever...

Latest posts

Back