Stator wires

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Machine1964

Reaction score
Been having a problem with charging so I thought I would replace the rectifier.Upon removal I found that the connector for the three white wires coming from the stator was a melted lump.I had to pretty much cut it apart to get the wires apart.My question is this:How do you know what white wire goes to what white wire?I tried plugging them in randomly and one wire got hot enough to smoke when the bike was running.Any help?

Been having a problem with charging so I thought I would replace the rectifier.Upon removal I found that the connector for the three white wires coming from the stator was a melted lump.I had to pretty much cut it apart to get the wires apart.My question is this:How do you know what white wire goes to what white wire?I tried plugging them in randomly and one wire got hot enough to smoke when the bike was running.Any help?

Get rid of the connector and solder the wires. It doesn't matter how you match them up. This is a common weakness in the charging system.

As long as all three connect properly (Good Conections), order isn't a key factor. Solder and Heat Shrink the connections.

Thanks guys.As soon as I soldered everything the wire quit getting hot and the the bike turns over really fast now ,even hot.Thanks again.

Generator is 3 phase ac, r/r turns it in to DC so the "rotation" or phase sequence of the AC input to the r/r does not matter...if you were wondering

Back