Steering stem issue

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildweasel_pt

Reaction score
Hi guys

I need to know the measures of the stock steering stem and the thing is i cannot disassemble mine (i have no bench/jack/stand where i have the bike right now). Is there anyone that have a triple set around that can tell me those measures? Thank you in advance

Fred

??? Kick back to keep your thread active...

Good Luck getting an Answer...

Thank you Dave... I hope i can find it out. Nothing out of the ordinary though... :)

Hi Mike. I need to do a copy of the stem to use on the triples im cutting... I need the widths, the taper (measuring from the top), length from upper surface of lower triple and thread specs. I believe the thread is a M27 (don't know the pitch though). Thanks

I've got the bearings and nuts for stem. Here are the measurements. Note, I am NOT a machinist.

Lower bearing ID=29.95mm
lower bearing thickness=19.15mm, that includes the seal

Upper bearing ID=24.92mm
Upper bearing thickness=15.15mm

Steering stem adjust nuts ID=24.00mm
thread pitch =1.0

Top nut(chrome)=21.00mm
thread pitch =1.0mm

Hope something here helps

Thank you for the input Mike. The other measures i might get from another friend that told me that has a lower set which he can measure precisely... Either way thanks for the bearings info also. Always good to find aftermarket ones if needed.

Latest posts

Back