Stock Muffler Install

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dontfeedphils

Reaction score
Hey guys, quick question, I just bought a stock muffler to replace the Cobra slip-ons that the bike came with. I got them all on and realized that even with the clamps tightened down the header pipes are still loose in the muffler. All four clamps are tight enough that the flats of the clamps are tight to each other.

Is there something that I'm missing? Is there anything that goes between the inside of the muffler pipes and the outside of the header pipes? Or should the pipe be inside the muffler enough that the "bead" in the pic below is in the muffler so it can be clamped down? Or do I just get rid of these clamps and get different ones? (And I realize that the clamp in the pic isn't tightened down, I loosened them up to check something)

Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys!

IMAG0050.jpg

I believe there is a gasket that goes in there. You should be able to pick them up fairly easily.

There is definitely a Gasket, Silencer (Asbestos, I believe) that goes on the headers.
Part # 3XW-14755-00-00 (Obviously, you need 4 of these).

Awesome, is that something that you would think should come with the muffler if you buy it from someone? Just wondering.

Sometimes they get mangled taking the mufflers off, sometimes they stay in the mufflers....pretty much a wild card.

Maybe contact the seller and see if he has them in one peice?

You could use some High-Temp RTV instead, if you want to save some $.

Latest posts

Back