STRANDED NEED HELP white smoke!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstone8952

Reaction score
so guys im 120 miles from hom. and the bike is dead.
i was on the interstate cruising at about 75 and started to lose power, pulled over fot a big puff of white smoke out the exhaust and the thing died. i pushed it to a gas station and itll xrank but its literally POURING white smoke out the crankcase vent and exhaust when i try and start it. it will start but i have to keep the throttle pulled to keep it running.
its a stock 85 vmax... what is the problem and what do i do?

What does it smell like? Does your oil smell like gas? Is your coolant level dropping? Where are you?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Oi oi... I think you might have busted a piston. making you have the throttle open to hold it running it might be running on 3... Did you hear any metallic sounds?

coolant level is normal, its oil thats pouring out and im in micanope fl

ok not sure whos down in that area but theres guys that provide road side asst the only one I know is Kyle what town are you in?

I'm trying to find out who is near you to help ,,it dont sound like it can be fixed to me . Lets see how this road side help works

White smoke is typically water. check oil for contamination and as already asked is coolant level normal or low?

kyles over 2 hours away... my girlfriend is coming to get me and we will have to fifure it out from there. im totally fucked this bike is my only means of transportation

i appreciate it. water level is normal but it only smoked for half a minute before it died so chances are it hasnt had time to suck enough water down to make a noricable change.

what does it mean if the white smoke is water?

look at the site glass does it look miky or a dark oil? maybe remove the oil fill cap & look at the bottom of that?

Latest posts

Back