T-1 marks

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedcostsmoney

Reaction score
checked the T-1 mark it's got two marks with about a 1/4 between the marks is this to advance or retard the cam for more torque or more horsepower or for something else just checking since the engine is open

Not sure why they have the spread in the marks. There are actually 3 marks if you look carefully. You want the one that is all by itself just barely below the others.

I asked Damon F. this exact question when putting my motor together using his video.

He told me that the "big" or predominant mark is the exact mark for timing/phasing/setting up the cams when building the engine.
The range or window created by it and the less dominant mark is an ignition timing window were you to hit it with a timing light.

thanks for the info guys, putting the puzzle back together had to do open heart surgry, the second gear was slipping out of position so changed the whole transmission, in the mist of rebuild now

Back