tach and temp gauge lens

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

likembikem

Reaction score
Anyone know where I might be able to get the lens for the tach and temp gauges? mine are crazed, maybe even cracked. I tried buffing them out and that helped, but after sitting in bright light for a while the cracks show up. I finally figured out why; the cracks are small but when left in the heat they expand and can be seen. seem to go all the way through the plastic. Has anyone ever replaced these? Will a hairdryer heat up the glue enough for them to be removed or should I replace with new, if I can get it?

Well; never mind....I just found what I need on bikebandit for a little over $20. Should have checked there first! guess I'll be ordering what I need.

Anyone know where I might be able to get the lens for the tach and temp gauges?

Yup, I sure do. I'm redoing my instrument setup to install a LED voltmeter. I was just going to bust the lenses out, cause the unit I bought it trashed and the wiring is all cut up. but I'll Take a peek at them this afternoon when I get done with anatomy and physiology homework, on how to pop them out, and if it works, I'll write up how I did it.

PM me your mailing address and they're yours at no cost (I'd feel like an ass to charge for something that I was going to break :biglaugh:). I'm thinking a little heat and a little scoring will get them to pop out.

UPDATE
The lens' I have are cracked as well, I didn't pay attention to them when I put the unit in the toolbox.

:confused2:please link me to what you found at BikeBandit......:confused2:

I wanna See.....

Update, the small chrome cover is $20, the cover with the lens and the colored lens for the indicator lamps is around $55 at Motosport. Thanks KJ, but I'll just get the new one. I'm gonna experiment on cutting out the 'blank dummy' on the old one.

Back