Tachometer reading high

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of the tachs seem to be 4, 6, 8 :( Anyways, I've come to the same conclusion, it can't really be the wiring since a tach should run off any wire in the electrical system (along with grounding it), right? So I PM'd yankee to grab one from him, for $20 I may as well just get this taken care of. Thanks for everyones help!

In a case like this, I'd always go with Lankee's stuff!! The man backs up his products and will spend whatever phone time it takes to help you set it up! Plus, he's just a good guy to chat with.

Paypal's fine Lankee, du@tac........... :rofl_200:

Should be easy enough, just grab any hot wire (I was unplugging the signal fuse before) and ground the other wire and it should read correctly, right? [Sanity check...]

i wonder if you could leave them both hooked up momentarily to see if there is a discrepancy, or if the resistance in one would throw off the other reading in the system....

Should be easy enough, just grab any hot wire (I was unplugging the signal fuse before) and ground the other wire and it should read correctly, right? [Sanity check...]

i would think? as long as the signal wire doesn't have too little amperage coming out of it?

electricity is not my forte.. still learning

OK I am going to Chime in here...

In the VMAX insturment cluster wiring..

Yes there are brown wires in the harness and they provide a switched 12vdc..

But here is the BUT... part of it, there is a darker colored brown wire that is a signal wire for the turn indicator which sends a ground.. BEWARE..

Latest posts

Back