Thank you Russia!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With all the technology and equipment we posess, we cant find a way to do it ourselves?...............:ummm:...............Not putting the Russians down, just wondering...............Tom.

With all the technology and equipment we posess, we cant find a way to do it ourselves?...............:ummm:...............Not putting the Russians down, just wondering...............Tom.

No, becouse your guys dont have to travel with fuel all over Syberia...Alaska is very small compared to them...And, where theres no need for that why would you bulid multi miliard $ machines(they cost almost lke space crafts)?

I guess I wondered why we couldn't use a Coast Guard ice breaker to open things up and run one of our own tankers in there, I'm sure it's a very hostile environment weather wise and maybe this is not a realistic approach for us, I don't know............Maybe next year they could stockpile supplies mid summer instead?.............................Tom.

Fly - in price was going to be $ 8 - 9 per gallon . This is going to be significantly less .

How is that pipeline working for us ? I heard we were selling that oil to other countries . ???????

funny buying fuel from south korea? have to look at a globe, guess thats the closest/most affordable route for the tanker, its prob going there anyways so its like a one way charter, cheaper for the nomeian's i guess.........

as for 9bucks a gallon, thats not bad for a isolated northern place, you should see what these drilling companies use and go thru and what that cost........not cheap i tells ya.......

I guess I wondered why we couldn't use a Coast Guard ice breaker to open things up and run one of our own tankers in there, I'm sure it's a very hostile environment weather wise and maybe this is not a realistic approach for us, I don't know............Maybe next year they could stockpile supplies mid summer instead?.............................Tom.

If you open it up with an ice breaker, you now have floating ice debris that could tweak the tanker.
There was an unexpected storm that hit the west coastal region, 100+ mph winds, high seas, the works. Then the ice came. The storage is adequate for the area. Everything just turned to shit before the winter supply showed up.

5 feet of ice?!?!?!?..................IMPRESSIVE!!!!!!!.......................AND........A mile long hose? Hate to be the poor bastard that's got to walk that out....:rofl_200:

5 feet of ice?!?!?!?..................IMPRESSIVE!!!!!!!.......................AND........A mile long hose? Hate to be the poor bastard that's got to walk that out....:rofl_200:

Yeah, what I was thinking too! 5' is a serious amount of ice, must be one noisy bastard down by the water line!

Very cool they are doing this, obviously there's a decent financial reward for them, but still.....!

Considering our relations with the Russians... Pretty cool that they are willing to allow this to happen.

money talks and im sure they are in need of some. maybe a little pocketing by higher officials who knows but sure is good that the community will get the needed fuels for winter

Back