The rattle

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedi-

Reaction score
Kept hearing this rattle which sounded like a loose screw dancing on a tin roof which was hard to pick out because my helmet makes so much wind noise.
Looked everywhere but found nothing and then started to suspect something under the faux tank or behind the scoops etc.
But then I remembered a speedo cable can be noisy so I disconnected it at the bottom and did a test ride home and the noise has GONE. A bit to my surprise as I didn't expect that kind of sound from it.

The cable itself is not dry and wet with oil ( at the bottom anyway) it might of been slapping or vibrating against the casing at the top. Anyway I'll disconnect it and run some oil thru it from the top whilst it's hang up.

Anyway at least is is solved.:eusa_dance:

Kept hearing this rattle which sounded like a loose screw dancing on a tin roof which was hard to pick out because my helmet makes so much wind noise.
Looked everywhere but found nothing and then started to suspect something under the faux tank or behind the scoops etc.
But then I remembered a speedo cable can be noisy so I disconnected it at the bottom and did a test ride home and the noise has GONE. A bit to my surprise as I didn't expect that kind of sound from it.

The cable itself is not dry and wet with oil ( at the bottom anyway) it might of been slapping or vibrating against the casing at the top. Anyway I'll disconnect it and run some oil thru it from the top whilst it's hang up.

Anyway at least is is solved.:eusa_dance:

I had the same thing a couple of times , mine was i snapped the bolt that held the main light to the frame . I could only just hear it over the helmet but man was it annoying

I found a rattle in the faux cover itself, like the clamps aren't tight enough. Put thin washers under the hold down springs & never heard it again.

yea i had a rattel for a while, then it went away... no idea.. so hard to troubleshoot going 50 mph!

Back