This story need telling!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymax

Reaction score
95spfldmax (Mike) & I went to the track last night to watch our VMax buddy, Meanmax (Zak) run....we looked around for his bike but couldn't find him so, figuring maybe he was a little late, we headed for the stands to eat our grinders.

As we were weaving thru all the cars lined up we saw Zak standing next to a red 4-door family sedan. We went over and asked him where his bike was, "I blew the clutch and am running this tonight," and pointed to the red sedan.

They were getting ready to start running so we headed up in the stands and caught Zak's first run....a blazing 17.43!

Met him after the run and talked about his bike and racing and stuff but other than saying "it's kinda embarassing" he never made any further mention of the red sedan.

So why was the 2011 Track Champ, and barring anything catastrophic, the 2012 Track Champ also, Meanmax Zak out there in this little non-descript sedan humping down the track? For the money, for the thrill, for the points??? :ummm:

Noooo, Zak was out there because he told his girlfriend's kids they could come and watch him race before school starts, (racing is on a school night) and last night was the last race night before school.

Did Zak finally tell us why he was doing this...nope, all he said was "blew my clutch!" His girlfriend told us the story. I don't think you will see too many points leaders who would do something like this.....Good on ya Zak, yer most definitely a champion!! :clapping:

Way to go ZAK, I hope the kids got a thrill out of it!

Way to go ZAK, I hope the kids got a thrill out of it!

They did Rick....the last run we saw they had paired Zak next to a bad-ass Dodge that was beefed to the ears. I thought....this is gonna be ugly but there was a loud bang from the Dodge AND he red lighted!

One of the kids was in front of me and turned around yelling 'Zak won....Zak won!!'

It was more like the other guy lost :biglaugh: but the kids were having a great time! :clapping:

Who's da man? Right on! those kind of points are worth more and lead to a lifetime of prizes

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

Thanks Dann-O, that sound like the Zak we know, for sure. A humble man (fierce competitor though) of integrity and determination.He does the Vmax community proud. I hope to get up there before the season ends.
Steve-o

Great story Danny, glad you saw fit to tell us about such a fine example of fatherhood.
Good on ya Zak! The "trophies" in your future will not all come from the racetrack!:worthy:

awesome, great he got to show the kids a good time.....sometimes slower is faster, slower is faster hahahahah

does he still have that comp baffle on the bike hahahah man that's a mean sounding max

awesome, great he got to show the kids a good time.....sometimes slower is faster, slower is faster hahahahah

does he still have that comp baffle on the bike hahahah man that's a mean sounding max

It is mean sounding....never heard another one quite like it....maybe cause of the flatslides....:confused2:

I think he still has that pipe.

....blazing.....and 17.43 in the same sentence........yeah.....:rofl_200:....he "blew" off the line in the first run and Danny turns to me says...."oh, I thought I saw him reach down to get his drink out of the cup holder on launch"....:rofl_200:

Any fool can be a father.....

It takes a real man to be a DAD:eusa_dance:

Class act, no doubt about it......

And definitely the MEANEST sounding Max I've ever heard.....man I love the sound of that bike:punk:

Back