Thought for the day...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SvenDGAF

Reaction score
Left my scoops removed when it rained while i was at work the other day ( i was halfway through cleaning and roughing it up in prep to be sprayed matt black) and came home and the turn signals didn't work. undid all conectors, wd40'd the lot and reconnected - no joy. I started thinking it must be a relay that was exposed - so started messing with them and nothing. I KNEW it had to be something under that left scoop. couldn't figure it out. trawled evil-bay for a new relay board, and individual units, and sat down to write a help thread on here :ummm:.... than i had a thought ..... went out and yep.......

10 pence 15A blade fuse :bang head:

relay ?30 +
full set relay board ?50+

remembering to CHECK THE F*&^%ng FUSE FIRST.... priceless :clapping:

did the same thing the other day when i was checking the votlage across my shift light (tied into the tach). did that, which bypassed the resistance of the tach and caused my instrument cluster fuse to blow. got 1/2 thru tearing apart into the instrument cluster again and went :eusa_dance: hmmm... MAYBE its the fuse...
low and behold... so glad it was that.

Remember, always check the simplest thing first. lol My son's dirt bike stopped running. I caught him and his friend heading for the shed and the carb. with a bucket of tools. "Whoa", I said. Turned out the ignition wire resister end had gone open.
Dave

Back