Throttle is WFO

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
I will meet you at the top of the Tampa Bay Bridge w/$ in-hand for the privilege of buying a Dr. Throttle! Be there at 10:13 p.m. Tues.

I will be the one on the 2008 1/2 V-Max, wearing a gold Full-Bore enduro jacket.

(signed)
Dactyl Phalanges Cramps:rofl_200:
aad-8986.jpeg

Last edited:
VMax contest!
Whoever can either name the comic book character shown here or name the person to whom he is referring will win a VMax gas filter for your bike.

The contest is open until someone gets one of the answers correct, or ten days duration (May 4, 2200 hrs.). If no one has correctly guessed either of the correct answers, then the O.P. (original poster) will make a choice of the winning contribution based on cleverness, originality, or any other arbitrary quality which reaches his funnybone. :clapping:

Attachments

• soldier.jpg
    soldier.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 62
My guess is: Captain America aka U.S. Army Private Steve Rogers.
Personally, I prefer the one below. ;)

Attachments

• Miss_Captain_America.jpg
    Miss_Captain_America.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 45
My guess is: Captain America aka U.S. Army Private Steve Rogers.

Hahahaha!!
I prefer that to the ubquitous, "LOL."

As my fire science education program manager used-to tell us, "thank-you for playing, but no!" :ummm:

However, you are #1 in the running, currently!

Hey,
It's no fun if we don't play along, right ??

PS
Can I interest you in a new product designed specifially for the 2008 Vmax ?
The Motorcycle Seatbelt.
"A safety belt device for drivers of high speed unenclosed vehicles that includes upper and lower belt bands with coupling means associated therewith and connecting means for joining the respective belt bands together"

Picture 1. MC Seatbelt Details
Picture 2. No MC Seatbelt Danger Zone

Attachments

• Motorcycle-Seatbelt.jpg
    Motorcycle-Seatbelt.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 33
  • no-seat-belt_motorcycle_zone.jpg
    no-seat-belt_motorcycle_zone.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 28
Brain boy!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

:hmmm:

:thumbs up:
"O.M.G!"

"We have a winner!"
Wow, I am impressed!

I never would have guessed someone would have solved that so-quickly!

Yes, it's "Brain Boy!" He used mind control to fight the enemies of the USA. Quite ahead of his time. He had a hot girlfriend who was Latin and lovely. The character was in a handful of comic books in the early 1960's and as-far as I know, that was it.

PM me your address "Horrendous," and I will post your prize.

Steve Canyon is also a worthy guess, and they did look similar. My buddy who works for GM as a stylist was given a hand-done card from Milt Caniff by his dad as a young boy which featured Steve Canyon in his flight suit. He's got it framed, it must be 50+ years-old.

What is your exposure to "Brain Boy" that you i.d.'ed him so-quickly? :worthy:

Thanks to F-M, it looks like VMFers will never need to buy gas filters again!

I got mine replaced "free of charge" last year. I forget what I did to get it though.

I'm tired of being on top of the Tampa Bay Bridge, "Dr. Throttle" is late! I'm coming down and gonna go to Ybor City and drink some Guava Grove Ale, or maybe some Old Elephant IPA.

(signed)
Dactyl Phalanges Cramps

That's because Dr.Throttle was given das boot back to the Hormel factory he came from.

I'm tired of being on top of the Tampa Bay Bridge, "Dr. Throttle" is late! I'm coming down and gonna go to Ybor City and drink some Guava Grove Ale, or maybe some Old Elephant IPA.

(signed)
Dactyl Phalanges Cramps

Ah... I feel kinda bad because I cheated. I typed " so die all tyrants" into Google images and it gave me some more info! That was my first exposure to our friend brain boy!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Well I never thought that Google Images would have scanned into their servers a 50 year-old comic book! I guess that shows you the power of modern computing.

I shouldn't be surprised, as we use similar computing power to check students' written submittals for plagiarism.

Nah, technology or not, you won, I will be posting it to you.

I am going to have to think of another contest...

Latest posts

Back